Cool Kiz on the Block - KBS tv show

Metal

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just did a search and wonder why nobody posted this anywhere here so far. Also thought the proper place to post it is the TKD section and not the 'KMA Videos', since it's more than just some Korean Martial Arts video. Anyway, this is a Korean TV show where celebrities try some sport and then have to compete.

These are the six Taekwondo episodes:

To me these are very entertaining as well as inspiring. Actually I'd say this is the best TV show that ever featured Taekwondo. ;-)

And there are a couple of Taekwondo celebrities featured, too.

What do you guys think?

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I watched it a long time ago, and I think there was a mother who liked spinning. I was impressed. I recall her saying that when she spins, it often confuses the opponent. I thought that was interesting. I also liked watching the white-ish guy who had more of a MT style, and the one guy telling him it's not MMA.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's very charming. I loved the senior citizens doing Taekwondo! It shows you can be active at any age. I hope when I'm 80 years old I can still be doing this. (I think there's a cultural thing I'm missing about the guy who said that riding a motorcycle was his job and was ashamed about it, I didn't understand that.)

Are the hosts going to learn Taekwondo too, or are they just making a competition team from the people who auditioned?

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That's very charming. I loved the senior citizens doing Taekwondo! It shows you can be active at any age. I hope when I'm 80 years old I can still be doing this. (I think there's a cultural thing I'm missing about the guy who said that riding a motorcycle was his job and was ashamed about it, I didn't understand that.)

Are the hosts going to learn Taekwondo too, or are they just making a competition team from the people who auditioned?
The main cast competing in the sport over many, many episodes is the point.

Latest Discussions