Conversatin Starter - Split from: Internal art observation

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upper right corner of the screen, put your mouse pointer over "Inbox" and then click "Start A New Conversation"...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Upper right corner of the screen, put your mouse pointer over "Inbox" and then click "Start A New Conversation"...
I am attempting to do so,move written out my message but when I attempt to send it, i get an error that says I am not allowed to start a conversation with dlcox. Any thoughts thoughts?

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but it is possibly a configuration issue. In your profile, under the privacy section, there is a setting for conversations that allows conversations to be started by all members or only by those you are following. If dlcox has this option set to "People I Follow Only", then you would be prevented from starting a conversation with them (Followed is the equivalent of "friends" in the old software).
I do not have the ability to check these settings. Doing so will require someone higher up in the food chain. Or dlcox can check it and post, of course...

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you put in an invalid member name, the system will tell you that clearly. It's quite simple. Go to the name bar and start typing and it offers everybody that matches. BY the time you get a few letters in, it's just a click and you're done.

If it says you're "not allowed" then it's a safe bet that dlcox has the conversations option turned off.