Considering Tae Kwon Do

OP
K

Kalashnikov

White Belt
Reaction score
Last friday i had my first training and i must say i liked it alot! The master was putting much efford in us even though he knew we just were testing out and may not come back , still he puts knowledge in us( i went with a friend ). i gave al i could and now my legs hurt haha!

OP
K

Kalashnikov

White Belt
Reaction score
bad luck guys, i've had training yesterday somebody stepped on my little toe and i cracked. anybody had experienced something like that before?

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bad luck guys, i've had training yesterday somebody stepped on my little toe and i cracked. anybody had experienced something like that before?

Yeah just buddy tape it & move along. Nothing else can be done really.

I've broken both of mine.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time. It is fairly rare for a broken toe to require anything more than being buddy taped to the next toe over. If it's the metatarsal, in the foor itself, then that's different. Since you say it's cracked, I presume you've had it xrayed?

OP
K

Kalashnikov

White Belt
Reaction score
Happens all the time. It is fairly rare for a broken toe to require anything more than being buddy taped to the next toe over. If it's the metatarsal, in the foor itself, then that's different. Since you say it's cracked, I presume you've had it xrayed?
No i didn't,i just know it is because when i had my pink cracked i had it x-rayed, and the toe had the same colour as the pinky then.And jup got it buddy taped.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Toe injuries arent too horrible. At least not most of the time.

Just dont do what i did and aggravate it the moment it feels slightly better ;)

OP
K

Kalashnikov

White Belt
Reaction score
Toe injuries arent too horrible. At least not most of the time.

Just dont do what i did and aggravate it the moment it feels slightly better ;)

haha i will rest, also because of intens training and stretching (and im not flexible) my legs hurt bad,i cant walk good for 2 days already, any tips someone?

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
haha i will rest, also because of intens training and stretching (and im not flexible) my legs hurt bad,i cant walk good for 2 days already, any tips someone?

I can pitch in here too.

Step 1: Do not sit down doing nothing. It doesnt make it better. It feels good while youre sitting down, then you stand up and its back again.
Step 2: Use your legs for stuff but not intensively. Just... shake them around. Go for a walk.
Step 3: It takes 1-5 days to go away usually. You can just make it more comfortable by putting a heat pack on it or something.

It just goes away on its own. For me, though im not recommending it because i dont know anyone else who can say the same, warming up tends to get rid of it for a few hours. So if i warm up every few hours its swell. Think of it as a reason to practice forms.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can pitch in here too.

Step 1: Do not sit down doing nothing. It doesnt make it better. It feels good while youre sitting down, then you stand up and its back again.
Step 2: Use your legs for stuff but not intensively. Just... shake them around. Go for a walk.
Step 3: It takes 1-5 days to go away usually. You can just make it more comfortable by putting a heat pack on it or something.

It just goes away on its own. For me, though im not recommending it because i dont know anyone else who can say the same, warming up tends to get rid of it for a few hours. So if i warm up every few hours its swell. Think of it as a reason to practice forms.

If it's better in a week, then it wasn't broken. If it's broken, it takes 6-8 weeks to heal.

OP
K

Kalashnikov

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the tips guys, like always i will keep you updated on my TKD journey.

Kurohyou

White Belt
Reaction score
I would like to train in a way that focuses on the art, but I have yet to find a dojo that doesn't focus on the sport aspect. I'm mostly in Tae Know Do to supplement my Karate. The hogus irritate me to no end. Lol. But, overall, you are right. It is all about finding the dojo that is right for you.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, you know he asked about legs there, right? :p

Doesn't really matter if it's your toe, your nose, your tibia or your radius... a broken bone will heal (on average) in 6-8 weeks.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter if it's your toe, your nose, your tibia or your radius... a broken bone will heal (on average) in 6-8 weeks.

It depends upon the location and severity of the break. I once broke my tibia and fibula and it took 3 months to heal properly. A broken femur can take 3-6 months and 10-12 weeks for the navicular scaphoid bone in the wrist but on average 6-8 weeks is normal.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score

Unless youre me, and you keep aggravating the injury :)
Interesting to know nonetheless.

Latest Discussions