Considering Kajukenbo as an addition to Modern Arnis training?

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm considering taking up Kajukenbo in addition to my Modern Arnis training. From the video clips that I've watched, it looks like both arts will complement each other. I also recently purchased Prof. John Bishop's book for more info(thanks for the autographed copy!). Are there any Modern Arnis players here that also train in Kajukenbo? Thanks.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't worked Kajukenbo, however, I have seen modern arnis work with SO many other styles that I suspect they would fit together.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Haven't trained Kajukenbo, however have had a tremendous amount of respect for the Pract's of Kajukenbo that I have met along the way.

Can't really help, but I would try it.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would compliment it tremondously, I've known alot of stickmen that did Kaju and a lot of Kaju guys do Escrima. Like John said, Sijo was also an Escrima man.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
GM Ted Sotelo is one to talk to. He's heavily into escrima. We have GM Phil "Sled Dog" Gelinas and Sifu Dean "Kaju Dog" Webster who are both Dog Brothers as well as Kajukenbo. Like has been said above, lot's of folks train in both.

Latest Discussions