Conditioning rant

Shajikfer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am feeling very frustrated about how winded and tired I got during last night's sparring class. I exercise a lot, incorporate HIIT, bag work etc. I don't get why sparring wears me out so much. I am pretty new at it and still pretty tense which probably plays a large part but it's a bit disheartening when you think that your are in at least decent shape and then find out otherwise. Oh well, all part of the journey I suppose.....[/rant off]

Making a *tst* noise with every strike will force you to breathe.

The_Awesome_User

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Lol I have been doing tkd for a long time and this still happens to me. What would be the best ways to get my endurance up for sparing class. (Besides sparing class)

BamBamx8

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I use kettlebells now for BJJ conditioning.It takes a while but its worth it.The intensity can be upped as you get better fitness.

OP
Flatfish

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Since this topic has been brought back from the dead:

I found that regular (2x per week) 30-40min heavy bag work has helped me much to improve my stamina.

Gave up running due to knee issues....just as well. I hate running anyways.

I do use kettle bells during some of my strength workout as well. Sure gets the blood pumping.

I did Emanait's Magic 50 for a while to finish up my strength sessions and that worked very well, too. Intense,

The Magic 50 - RossTraining.com

Latest Discussions