Conditioning in BJJ

Discussion in 'Grappling / Brazilian Ju Jitsu / Wrestling' started by Zephyor, Nov 30, 2016.

1. drop bear

drop bear Grandmaster

It is the sparring. You generally tend to grapple at full noise. So it is harder. You generally dont strike at full noise so it is easier.

If you boxed and threw bombs at each other you would get pretty tuckered out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gpseymour

gpseymour Senior Master

Top Poster Of Month

And then some. Talk about sore in the morning.

• Like Like x 2
  3. wayfaring

wayfaring Orange Belt

Another large gentleman trying to strangle you in pajamas offers a remarkably quick path to an elevated heart rate and fight or flight mode response. This is really good for strength and conditioning. And it is fun, can get you hooked like a chess game. Plus the tapout prevents getting banged up a great deal which is nice for business professionals.

I personally like both. From a fitness perspective, from my view each offers contrasting training between a more static or range based pull and push to a more explosive fast twitch movement. Since the movement involves somewhat different muscles you get a good perioditization factor that is great for growth like seperating different muscle groups on different workout days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. the42cop

the42cop White Belt

Not to mention it wouldn't be long before you spent a lot of time drooling and forgetting where you are! Hmmm... Come to think about it, maybe I should just start getting punched, because I do that now! Damn graveyard shift!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2