Concert

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This time not the kids.
Located in Birmingham Alabama is a group who calls itself 'The Black Jacket Symphony'
The core guys get together with other musicians to replicate classic rock albums in a life setting as close to the original as possible.
So far I have seen them do Led Zeppelin IV (my favorite probably), The Beatles 'Abbey Road', The Who 'Who is Next' and The Eagles 'Hotel California'.
The way they set it up, they play the songs of the album front to back, as if you had the disc in your player. Then they take a break and play the greatest hits of that group, and really rock out and party.
last night we went to see IV again. I took my Canon for a spin, with the new longer lens.
As expected, I got a lot of fuzzies again, but some of those are pretty darn good, too.

Got a few good ones to share :)
BlackJacket6-9-2012477.jpg

BlackJacket6-9-2012468.jpg

the encore of Kashmir, with Violin and Cello (the guy on the cello played the guitar, hitting the solos pretty well)

BlackJacket6-9-2012421.jpg

Sadly 'fuzzy'
BlackJacket6-9-2012415.jpg

Two of the main guys
BlackJacket6-9-2012316.jpg

and since I took over 500 pictures again....
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/Alagirl_photos/Black Jacket Symphony/#!cpZZ13QQtppZZ20
so you can look at them at your own leisure.
(and I thought I went overboard at the Jambouree game...)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
BlackJacket6-9-2012278.jpg

This is actually one of my favorites. Had it printed on a 6x8 (I think) to see how it came out. Looks really nice.

That'
s Bryan Gibson, rocking out with his, of course, Gibson.
He also rocked the mandolin and the cello (and a stratocaster, after he broke two strings on the Gibson)

Last edited:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice! Keep up the good work, you have a good eye for photography :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some very nice results there my friend :tup:. Including some shots of a particularly lovely violinist :).

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
from 2 years ago (not my video)
[yt]83u3_OsZtJc[/yt]

[yt]wJr9iBFOZR0[/yt]

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice shots. :) I actually really like the fuzzy one. Hard to stop motion in a low light environment without pricey glass and that one's 'almost' there.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice shots. :) I actually really like the fuzzy one. Hard to stop motion in a low light environment without pricey glass and that one's 'almost' there.

Thanks! that means A LOT coming from you! :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't go to many concerts or clubs, so don't get chances to work on stuff like this. But I've talked to a few folks who do regular shoots with bands and they've said it's a challenge, especially if you can't use flash. High end lenses, high ISO and a low Fstop tend to be the fix, and any shutter speed under 100 tends to get motion blurs. Last night at the Star Wars event I was shooting at ISO 3200 on some shots, and didn't have the high end glass, lol.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, I only got the Canon in fall, the lens (75-300mm) a couple of weeks ago I still have to learn a lot about the camera.

(and if I am not carefull I will end up filling a 32 gig memory card in one session. Never thought I'd say that, but I am loving digital photography! ;))

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sign up at the WNYmodelphotography.com forum. There's ALOT of stuff in the members only area that'll help you. Site's mostly dead otherwise, but the reference librarys worth the sign up.

Latest Discussions