Combat KI

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hear ya Coach..I watched a special they had on over here about Combat Ki..Taking a full punch in the throat is a little scary..

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I hear ya Coach..I watched a special they had on over here about Combat Ki..Taking a full punch in the throat is a little scary..

In the newest James Bond movie it would have been helpful if he had such inner strength when they kicked him in his ........................ :D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've yet to see it...The Combat Ki special I mentioned show a "graduation" for a young female..She was blindfolded and randomly attacked and she wasn't allowed to fall...She passed..

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Full punch in the throat is scary yes, but a full speed kick to the boys wouldn't thrill me much either. I'd be the one crying in the corner trying to persuade the boys to come out of hiding somewhere behind my lungs.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Full punch in the throat is scary yes, but a full speed kick to the boys wouldn't thrill me much either. I'd be the one crying in the corner trying to persuade the boys to come out of hiding somewhere behind my lungs.

You too???? LOL!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Would it work or be at all useful if the attack was a complete surprise?

Just walking down the street and BANG someone hits you.

And I am with everyone here, the thought of a punch in the throat is not a pleasant one but as for the kick in the..... well.... um... :eek:

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've yet to see it...The Combat Ki special I mentioned show a "graduation" for a young female..She was blindfolded and randomly attacked and she wasn't allowed to fall...She passed..

Wow, I once saw a Japanese Shotokan Master (Osamu Aoki Shihan) who did that - fascinating.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall a Martial Arts show on tv a while back. They were showcasing a bunch of different arts, and this group was part of it. IMHO, I know nothing about the art they do, but anything where you have to take time to 'prepare' yourself, such as what they were doing, I have to wonder how legit it is. And like the rest of you, I'm not too crazy about taking hits like they were doing.:btg:

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score

Seems your boys have a good Master !

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would it work or be at all useful if the attack was a complete surprise?

Just walking down the street and BANG someone hits you.

And I am with everyone here, the thought of a punch in the throat is not a pleasant one but as for the kick in the..... well.... um... :eek:

I wonder how well it works. Say let them get prepared for you to punch them in the throat and then kick them in the fellas. I wonder how well it works then. :rofl:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My Qi Gong teacher told me you can feel a threat a split second BEFORE. I would like to train that, but I just don´t have the time ;-)

I have trained a lot of Tai Chi and a lot of Qigong and you do get a feeling when things are close but it tends to end up working more like you know where to or how to move to avoid it not prepare you for a punch in the throat. But walking down a street and having someone surprise you and hit you in the throat, if you have no idea then I have my doubts. Besides these people are asked are you ready and given time to prepare so still I am not sure how useful it really is.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My Qi Gong teacher told me you can feel a threat a split second BEFORE

I think that early warning system works even for those of us with no Qi Gomg training..In the dozens of encounters that led to arrests I always seemed to know when the suspect/subject decided to fight instead of going peacefully..Maybe I'm just good at body language...

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

You're much braver than I am, I would be home, with a beer, using my heightened skills of avoiding situations were the boys were going to be attacked.

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have trained a lot of Tai Chi and a lot of Qigong and you do get a feeling when things are close but it tends to end up working more like you know where to or how to move to avoid it not prepare you for a punch in the throat. But walking down a street and having someone surprise you and hit you in the throat, if you have no idea then I have my doubts. Besides these people are asked are you ready and given time to prepare so still I am not sure how useful it really is.

I agree.

Another question is WHY should one learn this ? We are not living in middle ages anymore so that one always has to be prepared for an attack or survive attacks.

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think that early warning system works even for those of us with no Qi Gomg training..In the dozens of encounters that led to arrests I always seemed to know when the suspect/subject decided to fight instead of going peacefully..Maybe I'm just good at body language...

I guess your early warning system is very well trained not only because you are a Martial Artist but also because of your job.

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
Rod Sacharnoski, his system Juko-Kai, and its application "Combat-Ki" are all notorious frauds on the same level as Frank Dux, Ashida Kim and George Dillman. All have been discussed at length on this website if you use the search function.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rod Sacharnoski, his system Juko-Kai, and its application "Combat-Ki" are all notorious frauds on the same level as Frank Dux, Ashida Kim and George Dillman. All have been discussed at length on this website if you use the search function.
I would watch using the term frauds especially when you have no idea of what you are talking about and that is obvious to me how many of the people you mentioned have you trained with personally just dont jump on the band wagon find out for yourself

Latest Discussions