Combat Hapkido vs Sin Moo Hapkido

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Fair enough. For discussion of the system, I have started a fresh thread.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87066

Daniel

I had a fairly long telephone conversation with Grand Master Pelligrini this morning. Rather than double post, I posted it on the quoted thread. He was informative, polite, and very nice to talk to. I found him incredibly personable and in no way evasive or condescending. Certainly, he did not have to take his time to call me back personally, nor did he need to answer any of what I asked him.

He took it all in stride and I must say that I came away with a great deal of respect for him.

Daniel

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had a fairly long telephone conversation with Grand Master Pelligrini this morning. Rather than double post, I posted it on the quoted thread. He was informative, polite, and very nice to talk to. I found him incredibly personable and in no way evasive or condescending. Certainly, he did not have to take his time to call me back personally, nor did he need to answer any of what I asked him.

He took it all in stride and I must say that I came away with a great deal of respect for him.

Daniel

Very good Daniel. He is that way in person too..I have been told that there is a high ranking TKD Master doing seminars that will NOT talk to any of those in attendance.Questions or requests to speak to him are handled by his 2nd in command and are usually ignored..

OP
yorkshirelad

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
...Regarding other posters or a CHKD forum, Terry L dropped off because every thread that he started ended up being trolled and getting locked, and comments directed to him seemed to get personal in nature. I think he just got frustrated. Drac's input would be welcome. As for a CHKD forum, yes, I could go on one and ask, but I am more interested in the quality of the conversations on this forum.

Daniel

Sorry an old thread. I dropped out because I returned to truck driving. While frustrating, arguments over Combat Hapkido or GM Pelegrini didn't bother me. I had a different focus in life. I didn't participate much on any boards, other than trucking boards.

I now find myself with the same delimma, wanting to open a school or keep truckin'. I quit the trucking I was working for and I'm sitting at home, soul searching, trying to decide what to do.

Both have problems associated with them. I own my own truck, I can buy a trailer and get my own authority. I can continue to train, even out on the road. I wouldn't have a school I could attend regularly, but even that is an opportunity to train all over the country as well as Canada.

What I am thinking about doing is continue my business as a Truck Driver and invest in a school, a partnership of some sort. I can find someone to run the school while I am out on the road. I would have somewhere to train when I am in town. Having my own authority would allow me complete freedom to take the loads I want, go where I want and to return home when I desired.

I'm still thinking all of this out. I will have to make my decission soon, before I run out of money or lose my driving skills. :)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So, I have to ask; Your truck: Peterbilt, Kenworth, Mack, or what? And does it have a custom paint job with ghost flames and tons of chrome?

Always thought big rigs were way cool!

When you open your school, what will the focus be? HKD or TKD? Both?

Best wishes to you, regardless of which road you choose to take.

Daniel

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So, I have to ask; Your truck: Peterbilt, Kenworth, Mack, or what? And does it have a custom paint job with ghost flames and tons of chrome?

Always thought big rigs were way cool!

When you open your school, what will the focus be? HKD or TKD? Both?

Best wishes to you, regardless of which road you choose to take.

Daniel

Pun intended, I'm sure! :)

I have a Peterbilt 387. No flames, no chrome. It is a working truck. I enjoy driving, up to 750 miles per day. I, only, stop then because of Federal Hours of Service won't permit me to drive over 11 hours at a time. I have been to every state but HI. I'm sure I'll be out there when they finish the bridge! :) I have been to more Provinces and Territories in Canada than most Canadians ever will.

If I go the route of a partner, I sure they will have a say in what is taught. I would want Taekwondo, Hapkido and Haidong Gumdo to be taught. Then extras, such as, a Fitness Bootcamp, the Staff and Cane. I would teach each descipline as a stand alone class, though I would throw some aspects of the other arts into different classes. Gotta generate interest somehow!

That's the plan, anyway.

Latest Discussions