Cold Steels views on reverse grip.

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Drifter said:
Yes, that is a factor, but also consider that that was an unprovoked assault (as far as I know). The Kali guy deserved to go to jail. He shouldn't have carried a knife with that temperment, but people who don't go out, get drunk, and feel a need to stab people should be okay with their folder on them.
Oh absolutely. That guy and his friends were troublemakers from the start according to what I read. I was merely using that to illustrate the point that we have to be especially careful because of what we know.

"With great power comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben Parker

Vic www.combatartusa.com

S

Sifu Barry Cuda

Guys some of us have a lot more to lose than others.How many of us here would want the DA to run a google search on us ,make big charts and show the unknowledgeable jury and judge how "dangerous we are" The more well known you get as an instructor and the more time the internet can assosiate your name with the term knife fighting is very not good.Ill stick with unarmed thank you. Barry www.combatartsusa.com

J

JKD_Silat

Sifu Barry Cuda said:
Guys some of us have a lot more to lose than others.How many of us here would want the DA to run a google search on us ,make big charts and show the unknowledgeable jury and judge how "dangerous we are" The more well known you get as an instructor and the more time the internet can assosiate your name with the term knife fighting is very not good.Ill stick with unarmed thank you. Barry www.combatartsusa.com
I certainly understand , and respect your choice not to carry. However, I live in a neighborhood that can be described as questionable at best. I always insist on walking with my girlfriend, even to 7-11 three blocks away after dark. Although I hope to never have to deploy my folder in self defense, or to protect my girlfriend, I certainly want the option to do so if the situation calls for it, and escape is not a viable option (my girfriend ain't a track star). To quote the old adage "better to be judged by 12....." (Also, I'd never forgive myself if I left the folder on the nightstand next to my 1911, and carrying it would have made a difference in the safety of my girlfriend).

Regards

S

Sifu Barry Cuda

JKD-Silat, no doubt better to be tried by 12... Its just my personal preference.As I posted earlier I had a run in with the law after being attacked and the guy had a black eye and a busted nose and demanded an ambulence.I was arrested but the charges were dropped.It was a nasty affair and changed how I present certain material in class.I can only imagine how it would have went if the other guy needed 30 stiches even if it was only his forearm that was cut and it wasnt a mortal injury. Barry www.combatartsusa.com