Clearing multi-quotes

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there a quick-and-dirty way to clear your previously selected multi-quotes in a thread? It's particularly a problem in megathreads with over 100 posts and one must painstakingly search out each previous quote to un-check.

As it stands now, when I reply to a thread (even without quoting) wherein I've used the multi-quote feature previously, those same quotes get quoted in my reply field again every time I reply, even if I only ever selected them once.

This makes long discussions tedious.

Suggestions? Fix? Perhaps a Clear All Quotes link?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once I've hit quote and replied they are cleared. You shouldn't need to go back later and clear them.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once I've hit quote and replied they are cleared. You shouldn't need to go back later and clear them.
The quote feature doesn't do this for me, just the multi-quote.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's see if I can reproduce here. This is the first post in this thread where I used multi-quote on every existing post. Next I will try to only Reply To Thread.

Is there a quick-and-dirty way to clear your previously selected multi-quotes in a thread? It's particularly a problem in megathreads with over 100 posts and one must painstakingly search out each previous quote to un-check.

As it stands now, when I reply to a thread (even without quoting) wherein I've used the multi-quote feature previously, those same quotes get quoted in my reply field again every time I reply, even if I only ever selected them once.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay - I only hit Reply to Thread but noticed all the multi-quote options on the posts I previously selected are still selected.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the second Reply to Thread with no quote selected.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, this is interesting because I continue to get the multi-quotes I previously used posting on every reply in the Trayvon thread - I have to clear them as I compose my reply.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It happens to me as well. If I multi quote posts, and then move on to something else, the new post, in addition to the multi quoted ones, are also included. I have to physically go back and unselect whatever I multi quoted.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the second Reply to Thread with no quote selected.

Okay, this is interesting because I continue to get the multi-quotes I previously used posting on every reply in the Trayvon thread - I have to clear them as I compose my reply.

It happens to me as well. If I multi quote posts, and then move on to something else, the new post, in addition to the multi quoted ones, are also included. I have to physically go back and unselect whatever I multi quoted.

testing, posts 6,7,8 checked, hit reply with quote

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In both cases after I hit reply things were properly cleared. Using Firefox on OSX.

I did some digging and there looks to have been an older bug they claim fixes that would do what you say is happening if the selected posts are on different pages.

I can't duplicate it on my end.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Running Firefox 11.0 on Windows 7.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm still on FF 10. I think my wife upgraded, will test again on her system.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just did it again with both my latest replies to that thread - had to delete the quotes before posting.

That's okay, I went through the thread and unchecked all those I checked for multiquote.

Thanks for checking.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Testing FF3.6 for Fedora.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Testing FF3.6 for Fedora.