Chrome Book?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok, my guys surprised me with a Chrome Book. Wasn't the cheap one I had looked at, but a step up (Samsung, not sure the number)

And I am struggling to unlock the docs. I 'think' I got it, but I won't find out until tomorrow night when I am not near my WiFi hotspot. This sneaky little beast keeps logging itself on whenever I click something....might be too smart for me....I shall see, I am sure if I stop using it, the Kid will shanghai it with no problems. (I am such a PC gal...) :uhohh::rolleyes:

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I write everything for my class in google docs on my windows PC. Took me a whole 2 minutes to get used to it. I hadn't used a word processing program in years other than notepad. It's surprisingly rich in features for a free program. I have written things in it offline without problem. You will pick it up quick.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Another really nice thing is that I have pulled up something I created on my PC on my smart phone and from my phone printed it on a wireless printer. As long as you eventually hit a wifi spot and upload to google drive (it should default to doing that), you can access you files from anywhere, even if you don't have your chromebook.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I write everything for my class in google docs on my windows PC. Took me a whole 2 minutes to get used to it. I hadn't used a word processing program in years other than notepad. It's surprisingly rich in features for a free program. I have written things in it offline without problem. You will pick it up quick.

The PC seems to deal with it just fine, the Chrome Book needs to comply though...
I need it to work offline, because I'll be on the plane for 8 hours...in the airport for a few more, etc...I might not at all write anything then, but I would hate to be stung by the creative bug and having to rely on pen and paper...had that a while back, and I got only halfway done and that was all she (I, I suppose) wrote...plus I still have to put it in the computer... sigh...

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
took it with me to a net free zone, seems to work.
Now onto transferring files. :)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's still a bit of a learning curve.

I am getting the hang of it, figuring out where my offline files hide, etc.
At my mom's I had WiFi, so all options were open, at my dad's I saw about ten hotspots, but non seemed to be him, I think he has his computer still plugged into the net the old fashioned way. (but there has to be some connection, since my sister uses er tablet to g on youtube, across the street though)

So far - until I am going to rip my hair out again when I try to transfer from Chrome Book to PC - I think I am doing ok.

Thanks everybody.