Chinese Olympic Anti-Terrorist Training Pics

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Found a neat site ( http://useloos.com/gallery/?itemid=1532 )where there are photos of the Chinese military (?) training for anti-terrorist actions during their first time hosting the Olympics.
Seeing these photos I had the following thoughts...

1. Holy Crap!
2. Holy Crap!!
3. What kind of terrorist are they expecting anyway?
4. They don't do anything small do they? Kinda like Texans! :D

Amazing photos and after viewing them, makes me think that China is probably going to be THE safest place on the planet during that time.

Enjoy and feel free to comment.

Attachments

• $01.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 263
  • $10.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 247
  • $09.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 247
  • $08.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 244
  • $07.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 232
  • $06.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 243
  • $05.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 239
  • $04.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 242
  • $03.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 240
  • $02.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 248
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
4 more...

Attachments

• $14.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 237
  • $13.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 250
  • $12.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 232
  • $11.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 247

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I want one of those little 2 wheeled bikes

some of those are down right scary

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SMG's on Segway's - why do I feel that I've walked into a new Monte Python sketch? Someone in the Chinese Counter-Terror service has way too much budget and time on their hands.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SMG's on Segway's - why do I feel that I've walked into a new Monte Python sketch? Someone in the Chinese Counter-Terror service has way too much budget and time on their hands.

For the Olympics, unlimited ¥¥¥...I can see the conversation now:

Security Ministry consultant: You see, Colonel, our research now confirms to an error range of less than .04% that soldiers fire more accurately when they can use two hands to aim their weapons.

Colonel: Yes, but they may have to move quickly and their weapons will be swinging all over the place, and they may trip if they're trying to aim them while running...

Security Ministry consultant: (thinks for several seconds...) Segways. Put them on Segways.

Colonel: (picks up phone, dials adjutant's extension): Captain, we need three quarters of a million Seqways by tomorrow afternoon.

That's probably pretty much how it happened, I bet.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Don’t mess with Chinese authorities when they are on alert like this they don’t play games, they have no sense of humor and they don’t have any problem with putting anyone down without hesitation, one way or another.

Getting around Beijing right now is not easy my family there say security is everywhere asking for ID and they also say there have been a few terrorist plans stopped.

This by the way is not common in Beijing you could, prior to the Olympics, move around as freely as you do in NYC, only the mass transit system was cleaner and safer in Beijing

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well what do you expect, one or two security officer and alot of water balloons.
icon10.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
SMG's on Segway's - why do I feel that I've walked into a new Monte Python sketch?

That was my first thought about that picture actually then I thought... It does look a bit silly... but I sure am NOT going to be the one to tell them ... one of them will jump down off that Segway and beat me like a tree :D

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flamethrowers? Are the terrorists going to be setting up bunkers? I also liked the synchronized sawing. And the little guns on big segways. Priceless.

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The future looks succesful for the military use of segways.
Ladies and gentelmen, I give you...

Hailfire_droid.jpg

From the depths of fiction comes reverse evolution from that thing ( we used to call it the "Megapretzel Mounted Missile System" when we played Starwars Battlefront) to the chinese idea of segway mounted armed police.

When you think about it all you have to do is connect pic 7 and pic 8 and you've got a primitive DoomSegway...who know what else starwars has right about our future.

The rantings of a nerd...

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From the depths of fiction comes reverse evolution from that thing ( we used to call it the "Megapretzel Mounted Missile System" when we played Starwars Battlefront) to the chinese idea of segway mounted armed police.

When you think about it all you have to do is connect pic 7 and pic 8 and you've got a primitive DoomSegway...who know what else starwars has right about our future.

The rantings of a nerd...
Ah-ah, nooo... remember it's the PAST... "...a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...." Very cool and scary machine btw.

Anyway more pics of the preparations for this years event. Absolutely stunning... makes me wish (all the more) I could be there.
Original photos here, As well as the rest... one question though... in the last photo is the cop taking down or putting up the sign??? http://useloos.com/gallery/?itemid=1731

Attachments

• $A 10.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 196
  • $A 09.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 190
  • $A 08.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 193
  • $A 07.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 199
  • $A 06.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 196
  • $A 05.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 187
  • $A 04.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 190
  • $A 03.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 199
  • $A 02.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 204
  • $A 01.jpg
    $A 01.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 211

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The last photo is rather surprising to me "Sex Shop" those tend not to be so openly displayed, unless of course you are just asking the police to come raid you and arrest you. It also could be a massive translation error too, it would not be the first time.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The last photo is rather surprising to me "Sex Shop" those tend not to be so openly displayed, unless of course you are just asking the police to come raid you and arrest you. It also could be a massive translation error too, it would not be the first time.
Well, what DO the characters actually say? Can anyone read it?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You'd think with as many fluent English reading/speaking Chinese citizens that have come over to the U.S. or U.K. for higher education and returned to their countries that they'd say something to the sign-makers or at least the government would hire a group to make sure that all translations are proper... even if they don't match the written characters of the native language the thought/point still gets across.

I DO like the translation of this one... as a warning to Martial Artists everywhere! :lol:

Attachments

• $chinese_translation.jpg
    $chinese_translation.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 184

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You'd think with as many fluent English reading/speaking Chinese citizens that have come over to the U.S. or U.K. for higher education and returned to their countries that they'd say something to the sign-makers or at least the government would hire a group to make sure that all translations are proper... even if they don't match the written characters of the native language the thought/point still gets across.

That is pretty much what I said but some of the problem is direct translation without having enough knowledge of the actual spoken language. And some of it is not having and complete grasp on the Chinese characters. One tiny mistake can make EVERYTHING very different and/or insulting and sometimes silly

Find some written Chinese somewhere on the internet and copy it into bablefish and translate simplified Chinese to English and you will see a lot of this type of error. Now for more fun translate Chinese traditional into English and the very same Chinese can be very different.

I DO like the translation of this one... as a warning to Martial Artists everywhere! :lol:

Yes that one could certainly cause some issues.:boxing:

You should see some of the shirts with English phrases on them ion Beijing that some of the wearers are absolutely clueless about. Much the same as those in the US wearing shirts with Chinese characters that they have no idea what they say

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

You should see some of the shirts with English phrases on them ion Beijing that some of the wearers are absolutely clueless about. Much the same as those in the US wearing shirts with Chinese characters that they have no idea what they say
Well, at least our countries both have something to laugh about.

Latest Discussions