Chinese Historical Philosophy:

Discussion in 'Chinese Culture and History' started by Nobody, May 29, 2007.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

• Supporting Member
    Reading this again, I do believe you are absolutely right, especially the perspective part. Also I believe it gets very hung up in the translation. It becomes some sort of mystical thing when to most CMA practitioners in China and TCM people in China is it very common and matter of fact. I believe Yang Jwing Ming associated with the endocrine system and I look at is as the electric current necessary for us to move. But it is not mystical, it is energy and it is neither created nor destroyed. And like I have said before; weak qi (out of balance) you are sick, strong qi (in balance) you are healthy, no qi (no energy left in the system) you are dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mograph

mograph Master Black Belt

Yep.
    Yin-yang is a model, an artifice, just like anything that we name. ;) It can be applied to a heckuva lot of processes in this world like, yes, the endocrine system and electrical current; even traffic, negotiation, heat, order/chaos ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vajramusti

Vajramusti Master Black Belt

----------------------------------------------------------
    Chinese culture in practice often synthesizes different philosophiesTrue IMO for wing chun,
    Confucianism speaks to school and learning structure- si hing,sifu, simo, sigung, sijo
    Taoism gives us investing in loss
    Buddhism-gives us mind focus and zero points
    Legalists give us the realities of power