Child GSP doing kata

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wow so just found this video of George's st Pierre doing a kata as a kid he's either brown or black belt in the video it's hard to tell but it's cool to watch

Last edited:

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Green belt? It's not common for children to be given a black belt. Most places frowfron that.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Green belt? It's not common for children to be given a black belt. Most places frowfron that.
No it's definentely not a green belt as the video says black belt either it's him as a black belt or testing for it

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought I saw 2 stripes on his black belt. Junior black belts in Kyokushin (along with a lot of other karate schools and arts) have a white stripe going the entire length of the belt. His doesn't. Adult black belts (which his is solid black, not striped) start at 14.

The kata he did is Gekisai Dai. He didn't do a great job with it. I've seen far, far worse. Gekisai Dai is taught at I believe green belt (about 4th kyu) for adults, possibly at brown belt for kids.

Kyokushin doesn't emphasize kata, therefore many Kyokushin karateka's kata isn't as sharp as say Shotokan karateka. Promotion in Kyokushin has much more to do with kumite than anything else, not that everything else is ignored by any means.

Sorry for the trivia.

Latest Discussions