Chikubu kai

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this style? I have a chance to cross train with a sho-dan from the style and am curious as to what to expect.

cstanley

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Chikubu Kai is not a "style" but an organization practicing Motobu ha Shito ryu (my ryu). William Price is the head of the Kai. He is the senior US student of the late Shogo Kuniba and was sanctioned by Kuniba to teach Kuniba ha Goshindo and Kuniba ha (Motobu ha)Shito ryu. If you have a chance to train with him, run (like knock people down getting there) to his dojo.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chikubu Kai is not a "style" but an organization practicing Motobu ha Shito ryu (my ryu). William Price is the head of the Kai. He is the senior US student of the late Shogo Kuniba and was sanctioned by Kuniba to teach Kuniba ha Goshindo and Kuniba ha (Motobu ha)Shito ryu. If you have a chance to train with him, run (like knock people down getting there) to his dojo.
Not a chance to train with him...yet. This is one of the black belts that trained with him and is now a local police officer. He gave me pretty much the same history that you gave. The guy I'm looking to train with trains the cadets at the police academy in the area. We had a great conversation and am looking forward to training with him now. I believe that Mr. Price lives in Bristol, Va and that's only about 2 or 3 hours drive from here. I study nihon goshin aikido. How do you think that would mesh in a "trading techniques" scenario?

cstanley

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not a chance to train with him...yet. This is one of the black belts that trained with him and is now a local police officer. He gave me pretty much the same history that you gave. The guy I'm looking to train with trains the cadets at the police academy in the area. We had a great conversation and am looking forward to training with him now. I believe that Mr. Price lives in Bristol, Va and that's only about 2 or 3 hours drive from here. I study nihon goshin aikido. How do you think that would mesh in a "trading techniques" scenario?

Your aikido training would not be an issue either way. I think that, rather than "trading techniques," you should simply go with an "empty cup" and let Price Sensei instruct you.

Latest Discussions