Chen style in NYC

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
After chatting with Xue Sheng, I wanted to open this to see if anyone else in NYC is/has trained in Chen style.
As per my search I've found the following teachers in NYC.

- Ren Guangyi (student of the current Grand Master Chen Xiaowang)
- Yu Guoshun (found on Meetup group)
- Chen Zhonghua (has a inner disciple in Long Island)

Found these 2 instructors from shaolin-overseas.org
- taichikungfuzen.com "student of Ren Guangyi going by the pics"
- wudangtaichinyc.com "teaches chen first then wudang"

Thanks

windsorHerbalist

White Belt
Reaction score
Much respect for Chen Xiaowang, but I tend to feel that Chen Zhonghua's method seems more practical.
I think either of those will be very good.

OP
CrushingFist

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Much respect for Chen Xiaowang, but I tend to feel that Chen Zhonghua's method seems more practical.

I feel the same way, the way Chen Zhonghua teaches also seems to be explained better imo. But what would I know.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The only thing that concerns me in his lineage is "Fuqui Yang". The reason is because that might me "Yang Fukui". And if it is he was openly called fraud by the Yang Family, I believe by Yang Zhenduo himself. Not because of his skill in Taiji but because of his claims to being a member of the Yang Taiji family and a grandson of Yang Shaohou, which he most certainly is not. Even his stories were easily debunked based on his age and the year in which Yang Shaohou died. There is a discussion on MT someplace I had with someone about this where I posted the link to what Yang Zhenduo actually said.

But with that said it appears that Wang Fengming is the real deal and was as student of Feng Zhiqiang. Also it appears that Wang also taught Qinna to the Beijing police as well. As for Chen Yu, he is real, of that there is no doubt. But due to a stroke he is no longer teaching like he use to.

So based on Wang Fengming and Chen Yu I would say he is worth checking out

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Chen Xiaowang is as good as they come-in teaching, understanding and application.

greytowhite

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'd go through the student of Chen Zhonghua. After training under the Chen Xiaowang lineage and then with some Practical Method guys I think it's a better investment of time.

ChenAn

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would go with Feng Ziqiang line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions