CDC now calling U.S. households and demanding child immunization records

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Demand? Uhh, sure comrade, anything for the government.
People are worried about the demand to buy health insurance... what about our children? The "demand" for records. I know several folks (who will forever remain nameless) who do not participate in immunization of their children... worse sickness the kids got, was a sniffle after playing outside in the snow. Not talking about a single child family either.
http://www.naturalnews.com/033717_CDC_National_Immunization_Survey.html

Vaccine compliance tracking That line bothers me a lot.

Here's another line that has disturbing overtones...Public health surveillance = interrogations by phone

Ehh, maybe I'm just being paranoid and the article is a farce.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
not reading the article....

Not too long ago there was an outbreak on measles that IIFC cost a child's life, only because a group of people decided not to vaccinate their children.
The child as I recall did not belong to them though.

I have to supply proof of vaccination to my kid's school. Which is an inconvenience (but hey, he has to go to the checkup anyhow, so we combine that)

The problem is often not the child becoming sick, but being a carrier and transmitting the disease to people who are too young to have been vaccinated yet, or other risk groups.

I think it has been linked to the soap star and her book and the supposed link between vaccinations and autism.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about this answer: "Sorry I don't participate in surveys." Then hang up?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have a home phone. But I guess it doesn't matter; I don't have a kid, either.

Dansolo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I generally don't answer the phone if I don't know the number. Sometimes I try to Google the number as they call since I am usually at a computer (it's my line of work) and may or may not answer depending on the results... And I never, ever answer if it says "unavailable" - Google Voice actually lets me block callers even in that case, and my Google Voice number is the one I generally give out.

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't take health related advice from anyone who disbelieves in the germ theory.