Cats can do martial arts

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that most of the ones doing flying kicks are NOT looking at their target. Bad kitty!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Seriously. Now that I’ve taken some time to look at the photos, I’m not sure I’m okay with this. Looks like a lot of these are taken by virtue of an assistant dropping the cat in wierd positions.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously. Now that I’ve taken some time to look at the photos, I’m not sure I’m okay with this. Looks like a lot of these are taken by virtue of an assistant dropping the cat in wierd positions.
I was thinking a lot of them could be just a cat reacting to a cucumber.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is there some sort of 'worst post' competition going on at MT I'm not aware of?

You can tell by the tucked tails that many of these cats are terrified. Thumbs down.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there some sort of 'worst post' competition going on at MT I'm not aware of?

You can tell by the tucked tails that many of these cats are terrified. Thumbs down.
I only spotted one or two that I'd call "tucked", and even those could be from jumping backwards. There were a few that were close to the body, but not tucked, as they would be if they were turning in mid-air. About half had tails extended.

OP
O

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking at it again, it is possible some of the cats were thrown. If that was done in a manner that would harm the cat, I would also disagree with doing that. I am not so sure that is what happened though in most of the shots. But I do find it interesting that I don't recall anyone complaining about terrorizing cats with cucumbers, but finding fault with these photos.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, without explanation. But I would be interested hearing from anyone who has seen both, and found this distasteful but the other not. I am always interested in learning, and I do not believe in being unkind to animals. But unkind may not mean the same thing to everyone.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Looking at it again, it is possible some of the cats were thrown. If that was done in a manner that would harm the cat, I would also disagree with doing that. I am not so sure that is what happened though in most of the shots. But I do find it interesting that I don't recall anyone complaining about terrorizing cats with cucumbers, but finding fault with these photos.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, without explanation. But I would be interested hearing from anyone who has seen both, and found this distasteful but the other not. I am always interested in learning, and I do not believe in being unkind to animals. But unkind may not mean the same thing to everyone.
I didn’t post about it here, but I made it clear to my kids that we don’t do that thing with the cucumbers. I also don’t like the idea of getting cats high on weed or giving a dog beer.