Capoeira Kick

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I have to disagree with you last statement. I assume you are an instructor or have done your share of teaching and know how many hours are spent on students with just one kick. Everyone can improve from where they started. Some start way ahead for many reasons, physical, mental, etc... Kicks have evolved and improved over the years. Just like the Capoeira kick.
I guess I don’t quite grasp what your message is in this post.

I will say this: I think it is possible to make a general assessment that kick X is inherently more difficult to master than kick Y. But going back to the OP, I don’t feel the way they tried to compare the different kicks was in any way scientifically sound. They had different people, all doing different kicks onto a force register. The variation in skills and physical attributes of each participant is enough to muddy the waters and only points to the power that the individual was able to generate. So in that case, all they could really assess is who could kick harder with their particular kick. Not which kick is objectively the most powerful.

And I think I may have stated in an earlier post, what does it even matter? If it were possible to objectively evaluate that X kick is the most powerful, it does not matter. It may not always be the best tool for the situation. And being “the most powerful” is simply irrelevant when what really matters is if someone can use something effectively. It is powerful enough.