Can't find a local TKD gym

Professor Random

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just moved back to the US and trying to find a similar TKD place as my old one has proved quite challenging, I managed to find one a few weeks back but I just went tonight only to find out they had closed down and I don't know where they are at now. I know you shouldn't give out your home town on the internet but.... Are any of you guys aware of any TKD gyms in the area of Akron/Canton Ohio? I've searched high and wide but I can't find any that are with the WTF. Any information at all would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is just not much around the Akron/Canton area that I know of. Jo Kim's TKD in Avon, OH is west of Cleveland right on the lake. But that is a pretty good drive to workout.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sounds odd to me. TKD is usually about half of all the MA schools combined in every area I’ve been to. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just saying it’s pretty odd.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
You may want to check area Park District, Community Center , YMCA, or JCC Programs.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sounds odd to me. TKD is usually about half of all the MA schools combined in every area I’ve been to. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just saying it’s pretty odd.
Lots of TKD school. One in particular seems to have the market cornered (Asian Sun). Not many WT(F) schools which is what the OP was asking about.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my area, not so much these days. Back 15-20 years ago and more we had 5 or 6 TKD schools however today the closest one to me is about 30 miles away. In that city there was 8-10 TKD schools...they were everywhere. Today it's Muay Thai or Kickboxing, BJJ, and MMA, with 12 such schools within a 15 mile radius of me.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A google search of MA schools in my area shows 53. A little less than half are TKD. No idea how what ratio they’re broken down into; WTF, ITF, et al.

Latest Discussions