Can't believe it

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Man
Was a Walgreen's last night and I saw.........

A blow up Tae BO Punching bag. For those grueling workouts. What's next the Bozo Bop Timing bag?
Todd

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, Tae Bo is often marketed as a self-defense art....though I haven't seen any hard evidence on the risk of being attacked by spandex wearing coeds, or inflatable items in WNY.

:)

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
They probably need those in the local class of kickboxing modeled after aerobics and Tae bo together. :rolleyes: I took it to see what it was and then just couldn't do uppercuts and sidekicks etc. the way they were teaching. I probably threw everybody off that was standing behind me. TW

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
After watching a tae bo demo. I winced at every kick the instructor threw. I was taught karate done wrong will hurt you. After alll that as a special treat the instructor threw a jumping front kick, crap on the way up and landing on a locked knee! Man o man.

remember the tae Bo commerical with Miss eating Disorder "I like some one to try me now"
Well at least I can defend myself against blow up objects

Todd

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
To bad the good thing that Billy Blanks has done has gone so commercial. I remember watching him fight at tournaments and was he good. Why Billy why?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think what he is trying to do (beside make alot of money) is to really get the people out there and do some fun exercise. I see that in his attitude. Not really for defending yourself, but get them moving. From there once a participant has success, they can go on to real MA training. Most people don't even want to sweat or do anything that is hard (relatively) so what we have today is a bunch of couch potatoes getting fatter. But that kickboxing class I noticed is a revolving door. New women come and go every month and it is dwindling too once the newness wears off. My kickboxing class was real punching and kicking but I think I was too hard. Everybody really wants an easy barely sweat workout and a pat on the back that they did good. I recently started a yoga class. That is REAL easy but out of 16 only 3 remained after the first two classes. :rolleyes: TW

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But... would a "real" martial artist doing Tae Bo for "excercise" pick up bad habits that would effect their art, or would a real martial artist adapt the movements to their art...

Hmm

Hmm.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Man
Was a Walgreen's last night and I saw.........

A blow up Tae BO Punching bag. For those grueling workouts. What's next the Bozo Bop Timing bag?
Todd
What's really sad is that someone actually purchased it...