Canadian 2011 election May 2.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just thought it'd be nice to have one cause some of us are canadians and some of us like politics

I thought I'd start off with a funny random baby giving his opinion about Stephen Harper. :p

I'm going to vote ndp, not because i have party affiliation but because I know our ndp Member of Parliament is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
between $300-$400 millions are going to get spent to end up with yet another minority Conservative government.

You need significant presence in Quebec and Ontario to for a majority, and with Quebec going consistently to the Seperatists, it ain't gonna happen. We need to reform the electoral rules to stipulate that in order to run in a Federal election, a party must field a candidate in 50% of ridings in every province.

OP
Blade96

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
i still think the conservatives wanted this election even if they say they didn't. The whole mess could have been avoided.

but yeah. I think you bring up an interesting thought to chew on about reforming it, CanuckMA.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But PM Harper likes kitties... :D

tumblr_libd3acbQ91qi926ro1_400.jpg

stephen-harper-kitten.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
2 more?!

(I am kidding, but you knew that, right?!, cos I would probably recognize the cats, but him, I couldn't tell from Adam's dog...)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Purr :D

My vote is for Ken Morgan :)

canada_4.gif

OP
Blade96

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Purr :D

My vote is for Ken Morgan :)

canada_4.gif

I like ken morgan too :)

but he's not a harperite...i mean he's a different kind of conservative.

seriously there are 3 things i like about harper: he likes hockey and kitties and .....his face :) he's cute i thinks

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Speaking of hockey and Canadians - as I become a born-again Boston Bruins hockey fan - at least for the next fortnight - I just want to quote the words of that famous Roman Statesman, Cato The Elder, when he would end his speeches with the phrase:

Montreal must be destoyed!! or more specifically - Montreal delenda est!

or did Cato really say "Carthago delenda est?"

Throw me a bone people - I flunked Latin I back in 9th grade and had to repeat! :)

Which BTW was about the last time The Boston Bruins won The Stanley Cup. :whip1:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can be a born again Boston Bruins fan for as long as you like, John :) :inlove:

OP
Blade96

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Speaking of hockey and Canadians - as I become a born-again Boston Bruins hockey fan - at least for the next fortnight - I just want to quote the words of that famous Roman Statesman, Cato The Elder, when he would end his speeches with the phrase:

Montreal must be destoyed!! or more specifically - Montreal delenda est!

or did Cato really say "Carthago delenda est?"

Throw me a bone people - I flunked Latin I back in 9th grade and had to repeat! :)

Which BTW was about the last time The Boston Bruins won The Stanley Cup. :whip1:

Hehe my friend also named John would love this!! He's a longtime die hard bruins fan too.

speaking of harper and kitties

The Mean Kitty Song "hey little sparta"

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But the opposition would take those pics of Harper with the kittens and say he's just playing with his lunch :)

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A quick question, do you guys still put mice in your beer bottles to get free beer?

Actually, it is interesting to see how the sausage of canadian politics is made.