Can you make a 10-10-10 workout?

amateur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
-10 exercises done one after another without rest
-10 reps of each
-As many rounds as you can in 10 minutes (2 rounds, I guess)

Make a workout of this kind or evaluate mine:

-10 push ups
-10 rear lunges
-10 rear lunges (other leg)
-10 leg raises
-10 spiderman planks
-10 spiderman planks (other leg)
-10 plank pikes
-Horse stance (10 breaths)
-Side plank (10 breaths)
-Side plank (other side/10 breaths)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
yes I can probably do that, with the issue, that you are supposed to hold planks for a min or or more, so nobody can do 100 planks in 10 mins.

if your holding them for only 10 secs, their a bit pointless to be honest, and you should really be doing less reps and trying to hold them for as long as possible to get the most benifit from them

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
-10 exercises done one after another without rest
-10 reps of each
-As many rounds as you can in 10 minutes (2 rounds, I guess)

Make a workout of this kind or evaluate mine:

-10 push ups
-10 rear lunges
-10 rear lunges (other leg)
-10 leg raises
-10 spiderman planks
-10 spiderman planks (other leg)
-10 plank pikes
-Horse stance (10 breaths)
-Side plank (10 breaths)
-Side plank (other side/10 breaths)
It looks like a good set but I would not try to do them in 10 minutes because the "hold in place" intervals would have to be too short. If time is a factor (like at the start of class) reduce the number in your set and make the hold time longer for each. Exceptions IMHO, pushups and lunges. I like doing them "in between" sets. For example, 10-20 pushups, long horse stance (1 minute, this assumes a real horse stance)then 20 more pushups. It you did all your planks consecutive, that would be a good, tough set. Alternate standing and prone exercises so just the getting up and down motion is part of it. "Old farts exercise".

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I prefer grouping muscle groups:

I do a set of exercises for each group and will do either 3 or 4 four sets with no rest

Sunday: Chest, Back, and Lats

Tuesday: Shoulders, Abs, Traps

Thursday: Legs

Cardio on Monday, Wednesday, and Some Fridays

Rest on Saturday

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Example for Sunday:

Set of Dumbell Benchpress, (Chest)
Set of Bent over rows with Dumbells (Middle Back)
Set of Shotgun Row with Bands (Lats)

Repeat

Set of Around the Worlds (Chest)
Set of Back Hyper Extensions (Lower Back)
Set of Wide Grip Pullups (Lats)

Repeat and done

I change the exercises every 2-3 weeks using

Exercise Finder | Bodybuilding.com

OP
A

amateur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I prefer grouping muscle groups:

I do a set of exercises for each group and will do either 3 or 4 four sets with no rest

Sunday: Chest, Back, and Lats

Tuesday: Shoulders, Abs, Traps

Thursday: Legs

Cardio on Monday, Wednesday, and Some Fridays

Rest on Saturday

When do you do skill training?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
unless you have some very specific goals that demand more, then fitness training should only take 10 to 15 mins a day, which leaves you 15.45 hours left to do your skill training

D

Deleted member 39746

yes I can probably do that, with the issue, that you are supposed to hold planks for a min or or more, so nobody can do 100 planks in 10 mins.

if your holding them for only 10 secs, their a bit pointless to be honest, and you should really be doing less reps and trying to hold them for as long as possible to get the most benifit from them

I had someone say planks are useless if you can hold them for more than a minuet. At least in the scope of what he was exercising for. (which i forgot) Unless you want to hold a plank until you cant hold it anymore to test how long you can hold it,seems like pushups might be better suited.

honestly when i exercise i tend to do full body things, obviously i miss some things out pending mood. (and ability) 8-12 is the rep count i go for or until i cant do it anymore. (pending mood)

But then i know i have fallen out of exercising often so its a kind of shotgun effect. I do also prefer exercising my entire body every time i do it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd replace the static planks with alternating planks (from front to left to front to right to front - one rep). These don't rely on a static hold (not really technically a "plank", probably), so can be done in sets.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had someone say planks are useless if you can hold them for more than a minuet. At least in the scope of what he was exercising for. (which i forgot) Unless you want to hold a plank until you cant hold it anymore to test how long you can hold it,seems like pushups might be better suited.

honestly when i exercise i tend to do full body things, obviously i miss some things out pending mood. (and ability) 8-12 is the rep count i go for or until i cant do it anymore. (pending mood)

But then i know i have fallen out of exercising often so its a kind of shotgun effect. I do also prefer exercising my entire body every time i do it.
there an isometric exercise, and like all ISO s they have plus and minus, there will build substantial strength in the muscles that are screaming at you,.at the angle your using them at, but if you are so good at planks that a minute doesn't make them a scream, then no irmta of marginal benifit, unless you hold it to they do scream, and then do a min. or get a rotund child to sit on your shoulder s,

a push up descent, that takes 3,4,5 mins to do is an extremely effective plank that gets the full range of motion into your shoulders , whilst still giving that core a good work out

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there an isometric exercise, and like all ISO s they have plus and minus, there will build substantial strength in the muscles that are screaming at you,.at the angle your using them at, but if you are so good at planks that a minute doesn't make them a scream, then no irmta of marginal benifit, unless you hold it to they do scream, and then do a min. or get a rotund child to sit on your shoulder s,

a push up descent, that takes 3,4,5 mins to do is an extremely effective plank that gets the full range of motion into your shoulders , whilst still giving that core a good work out
Another alternative is to put movement into the plank. The sequence I mentioned earlier (plank to side-plank and back) can be done slowly for a single "rep" (including both sides) that's significantly harder to stay in for 60 seconds than a straight plank. Of course, it only stays harder until you get better at it, too. Then we're back to the rotund child, who has a much harder time hanging on in that side plank position, so they're getting a better workout, too.

Latest Discussions