Can someone explain this to me?

Discussion in 'General Self Defense' started by Onesword23, Jan 8, 2018.

1. gpseymour

gpseymour Sr. Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    On what do you base your assertion that Krav Maga is superior to all other arts for defensive use?

2. Kababayan

Kababayan Green Belt

I had to chuckle at this because I used to own a full-time dojo and this was pretty much what every student from other dojos would come in a say to me. It would be something like, "My instructor teaches death techniques that are so deadly that he won't allow us to practice on each other because we would die"...or something to that extent. I'm probably guilty of telling my students something like that at some point. I still have a few techniques that I don't teach publicly because they are too dangerous. Please stop laughing...I really do. (just kidding)

Respectfully, I'm a huge Krav fan but I don't think that he is saying that it is superior to other arts. It seems that it came out that way by the words that he chose, but it also seems that he is communicating in a language that isn't his first language. Good for him for doing so. Things can get misunderstood when that happens. I think he is saying that Krav techniques are very self defense specific and can be applied to many self defense situations. Not as many people know Krav and may not be aware of its moves vs. the many people that know traditional arts. That may give Krav practitioners an advantage because their attackers may not have seen Krav that much. I think that's what he meant by what he said...although I may be completing wrong about anything that I just said.

3. Kababayan

Kababayan Green Belt

I forgot to mention that I attended one of his seminars in L.A. He has some good stuff for martial artists who have trained before. It's mostly scenario-type training, so I think the students would have to already have some martial arts experience to be able to get the full benefit. It was a good "here's some cool techniques" seminar.

• Like Like x 1