Can any move kill?

Dillon Hall

White Belt
Reaction score
OK. Look, sure it is "possible" that any move can kill. With that in mind, it does not mean that you are able to do so. Situation is everything and the amount of training and power and aim and delivery of the technique is SO important.
It is a strange question to ask if any technique can kill. Sure it can. But that does not mean it will.

Dillon Hall

White Belt
Reaction score
I suspect that most martial arts strikes will not kill a person unless you are incredibly Lucky/Unlucky.[/quote said:
I disagree Completely! There is a huge distinction between a Martial Art and a sport. Maybe in a sport you would be unable to kill with a blow, but in a Martial Art you train to be a lethal weapon. I hav been training for 12 years in Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan and I certainly believe that most of our techniques are lethal if used under the correct circumstances (that's why you have more than one technique, to change your technique based on the circumstances). In a fight (or a real firght between two experienced people) there is very little "Luck" involved.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering a blood clot can go to the brain and kill you, yes any strike has that potential. Most human bodies are resistant to this, but the elderly should not be doing a whole lotts head locks and kneck cranks, cuz you never know.
Sean

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I disagree Completely! There is a huge distinction between a Martial Art and a sport. Maybe in a sport you would be unable to kill with a blow, but in a Martial Art you train to be a lethal weapon. I hav been training for 12 years in Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan and I certainly believe that most of our techniques are lethal if used under the correct circumstances (that's why you have more than one technique, to change your technique based on the circumstances). In a fight (or a real firght between two experienced people) there is very little "Luck" involved.

Again, it all has to do with application. I agree wholeheartedly with there not being any luck involved with a strike that kills or does not kill. I would also like to add in that the one wielding the technique has a bunch to do with the level of lethality that it has. I have seen some pretty poor MAists that would have difficulty applying any technique.

Vastarakanuten

White Belt
Reaction score
I can't imagine a crack in the ankle or hands killing someone but then there are pressure points there which for all i know could have fatal connections. So I'm gonna say 'maybe'.

Latest Discussions