Camera advice/guidance

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's interested in a new digital camera.

She's not happy with the shutter lag on the older point and shoot I've got, or on the more basic cameras she's seen; she wants something that's relatively easy to use, but is pretty fast on taking the picture. Probably SLR...

I'm trying to be thrifty -- not cheap, if you follow the difference. I'd rather spend a little more now for something that's going to remain useful for some time, with a reasonable megapixel rating, and so on...

Any tips/guidance?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I can suggest a GREAT digital SLR....if you can find a Nicon D50, we LOVED it. The best Camera in the world. It is basically a professional level point and shoot camera. Anyone can take pictures with it and they come out GREAT. It is a bit pricy at around $600 and they don't make it anymore, so you would have to find it on E-Bay, but it would probably be cheaper. Honestly, if you're not a professional, I think that you'd be hard pressed to find a better Camera.

We have a Nikon D300 now and it is at the level that you really have to know something about photography and cameras to use - which I do not.

Latest Discussions