Cambodian Boxing

Khmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok thank you !

I think that Obama must say also idiocies from time to time ?
Like Sarkozy… that made a long time that I have any interest for the politicians ! ;)
since I am children: whether the politicians is of 1 party or 1 another party: people have + in + of problems in France and their promises are often that lies… I do not look at the TV ;) I love come the cinema but not television… the post TV is of exclusiveness for my wife and childrens !

I think that Cambodge is less "salesman" what Thailand ? Thailand is the "country of the smile".. much from abroad goes on holiday to Thailand. its reputation remains always positive with the eyes of the world. Cambodge which is 1 superb country does not have 1 so positive reputation, unfortunately ! I see here in France = Vietnam, Cambodge or Burma has bad reputation !?! Even as the people do not know… And when they speak about Thailand = he imagine 1 small Paradise !
That is " collective-imagination" and great THAI work to have to develop their COUNTRY…

But to compare Kenya and Korea seems 1 not very easy to me…
I remember that old President : François Mitterand always said:
"Yes France has problems but look in Africa! In Asia and other countries!" That appears to me 1 not very idiotic….
but the politicians are all 1 not very idiotic !
;)

Sorry with my English BASIC. . . & BAD !

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I believe cambodia stands a good chance of resurrecting the old arts and we have the chance to see what they really looked like without any outside interference which is probably the most exciting thing for me. You are getting a purity that is slowly being lost and its not that things should remain pure and undiluted but you get to see what the art looked like handed down from father to son so it gives us great insight to the original arts.

Khmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
+ 1
:)

The Cambodge = 1 impressive Technics arsenal !
Sensitivity different from the Boxing-Thai.
And it is possible to work with of truth Masters….
not to center solely on God Dollar… that is completely different !
To go to the country is 1 great experiment for the researchers of truth…

HAS SOON blackdiamondcobra !

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think also whats important is the expansion of pradal serey with more international competition and possibly more cambodia, thai, burma, laos fights hopefully will produce more excitement. That will of course bleed down to the bare knuckle, weapons and wrestling along with the oral history which is so very important to keeping the links to the past alive.

Fede

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes it would be nice to see fights and competition among these countries,
but maybe there is too much animosity there. It seems some Khmer people on the net accuse the Thais of stealing their art and taking all the credit for it, but they shouldn't accuse them they should accuse Pol Pot's regime!

I think it wasn't stealing, rather absorbing and integrating. But I cannot say, I never read or studied anything about this topic, and here the importance of history is vital I think.

OP
destructautomaton

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
I see sometimes laos participates in some of the fights, i would like to see the laos vs cambodia fights? anyone seen anything like that i know laos fights sometimes against the thais, just wondering if their level was up to the cambodians.

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Laos competes sometimes outside of their country. There was a nice m-180 bare knuckle fight and it had cambodians, laotians and thais in it a few years back. The cambodians are closest to the thais in terms of skills with laotians a distant third. They have fights and they have consistent training but the cambodians have the televised weekend support which helps maintain the infrastructure and the financial means for the fighters. The laotians are tough though.

Khmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes, harder than the other two countries ...exact !
Laos and Cambodia are country poor...:uhohh:

just in passing: there is an association of French boxing thai & muay boran which starts in Cambodgia soon... Doing an stage in Bokator !

If you need a little help for info = = Can you give them a little advice ?
if he wants to be ?

I know not them personally but just by Forum french !

Thank blackdiamondcobra !
:wavey:
Has soon !
khmo.

& sorry for my bad English !

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi Khmo,

Yes, i think i gave you my personal email or send a private message here to me and i can see what they need help wise from me. I will do what i can to help.

All the best
Vincent

Khmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
yes you are right, I got your mail to my MP !
I wrote to you by MP ;)

Good evening !
Has soon

Khmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thank you !
:wavey:
I gave your MAIL of guy...
when he has time he contacts you !
He is busy right now ... He works hard.
he wants to live in Thailand and create a business. His wife lives in Thailand right now, she is Thai.
but he must go to Cambodia with a group working for Bokator ...

he explain to you all ;))

GOOD WEEK END HAS YOU & BIG THANK YOU !

Latest Discussions