Calorie Counts?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was just wondering what resource any of you might use to get a calorie count. Obviously some food comes in packages with nutritional charts that show you calories per serving, but not all do. I don't know what might be considered a good, solid, reliable source.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what resource any of you might use to get a calorie count. Obviously some food comes in packages with nutritional charts that show you calories per serving, but not all do. I don't know what might be considered a good, solid, reliable source.

The app\website of MyFitnessPal is good, has a bardcode scanner as well which can help.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second MyFitnessPal. They've got reliable values for lots of things -- and multiple values as well as ways to find the pieces and build meals, like adding bread and meat and cheese for a sandwich that's not listed.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was a big user of MyFitnessPal when I lost 60 pounds. But instead of counting calories, I used it to count carbs. I think counting calories is as about as useful as calculating BMI to determine one's fitness. Calories have context.

The Context of Calories | Mark's Daily Apple

Agreed. Don't just focus on the number of calories. Focus on what makes up those numbers.