Calling all Kyokushin karate-ka, Kancho Hatsuo Royama online class!

Discussion in 'Seminars, Camps, Events & Tournaments' started by _Simon_, May 14, 2020.

1. _Simon_

_Simon_ Senior Master

Well..... THAT was an awesome seminar. First half with Kancho Mike, worked on sabaki drills in kumite combinations, emphasising zanshin, putting your mind on the object and constant awareness. The combos were great and linking them together was challenging but it was great to work on body movement, to get out of any robotic karate and move free, with more flow and angles.

Second half with Shihan Judd, moreso knockdown tournament drills and the ability to stand in fudo dachi square on with attacks, even though exposing your body it frees you up for quicker kicks (compared to one foot back it takes longer). Also did combinations, punches, hooks, moving off centre with body rips and hiza or mawashi geri etc.

Amazing class and we had a Q+A afterwards in which my question got answered, really great time with people from all over the world.

Shihan Judd is an absolute gentleman, he shows such immense respect, and is truly dedicated to focus, discipline and on truly upholding the etiquette and traditions of karate. Same as Kancho Mike!

AND this Saturday will be a special session with Mike's dad, Kancho Joko Ninomiya! It is through Black Belt Magazine, and will be on facebook live instead of Zoom, so less interaction but am looking forward to that!

I'll post more info when I know.

• Like Like x 1
  2. _Simon_

_Simon_ Senior Master

Info for Kancho Joko Ninomiya's session :)

(And again it'll be on the Black Belt Magazine facebook page live)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. _Simon_

_Simon_ Senior Master

Oh forgot to report back, I'd warmed up, had my gi on, but it turned out to be more of a q+a / demonstration rather than a group training session haha. I watched half of it then went and did my own training, and I'll watch the rest later :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. JR 137

JR 137 Grandmaster

I saw the pic and was really upset because I forgot about it. Now I don’t feel bad. :)123

• Like Like x 1