is name is is Frank Nguuen.

And there is no fight. what a COWARD!
I've got another promoter to see if they will let hubbie fight. ~@@@@2

pisses me off!~@@@##!@

Fiu@!@@@@
what the he@@#%&R$%
?????!!!

Bummer!
I called him today, and he was too busy hanging out with some hookers,... bummer! What a ******!
Did I menton his name is Frank Nguyen?
What a fy@@@@@@c@@@34!

Pardon me, I'm usually more of a LADY! LOL!
anyways, what a jerk!
I'll still get video,just can't let my hubbie know.. lol!
L0ve ya'll!

Hmmm...going by some of your past replies to us, when we asked questions about certain things, you're surprised by all of this how?? Technically, NONE of this should have been a surprise.

The little things really do matter. Things such as clarification on the rules, who the fighters will be fighting, a certified medical team, sponsors/sanctioning, etc. Unless this event was some 'underground' type setup, there should be no questions.

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Frank Ngyuen is the promoters name. If this sort of thing is common with these guys, then it's a pretty unacceptable way to do business. I just found out that he's done this to a friend of ours a couple of times. He'll put a fighter on the card, and then not tell him where and when the fight was. So he's a no show, and his fighter gets his win. Weird. But, whatever.

I'm working with another promoter for a Real MMA cage match in May for the military guys. There will be professional scouts there, so, It's really a better gig.

As for this promoter, he really was a waste of time. That's why I was trying to get ahold of him to iron out the details of the fight.
He really ticked me off. What we really need is a contract lawyer to consult us before we make a commitment in this fashion.

Hubbie's getting certified with TAMMA next week and getting his boxing commission liscense to start with. We've got three women that want to start training to fight, and their needed more females at this event in May.
I'll let ya'll know down the line when something more concrete comes up.
Sorry, I really thought this was a sure deal otherwise I wouldn't have posted and gotten so excited. 7 months until the next chance to fight, unless I can find another one sooner.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
HE SCREWED US!

is name is is Frank Nguuen.

And there is no fight. what a COWARD!
I've got another promoter to see if they will let hubbie fight. ~@@@@2

pisses me off!~@@@##!@

Fiu@!@@@@
what the he@@#%&R$%
?????!!!

Bummer!
I called him today, and he was too busy hanging out with some hookers,... bummer! What a ******!
Did I menton his name is Frank Nguyen?

What a fy@@@@@@c@@@34!

Pardon me, I'm usually more of a LADY! LOL!
anyways, what a jerk!
I'll still get video,just can't let my hubbie know.. lol!
L0ve ya'll!

Is that libel or slander?

No surprise. Never count your chickens before the eggs have hatched.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A genuine promoter will be available to speak to at any time, he should also be the first one to mention contracts. He will want fighters he knows will turn up and who will not rip him off. If a purse isn't on offer, very often expenses and a ticket deal will be. A no show is not a good thing as the fighter who turned up still has to be paid and you're one down on the fightcard. If the fighter who turned up is on a ticket deal and has brought a crowd with him to see him fight they go away disgruntled and unhappy. Genuine promoters really don't want that sort of thing.
Si-Je, May isn't far off though I know it's longer than you wanted, have a word with Skip to see who he knows in your area that's trustworthy and if he knows what's coming up anywhere that will be suitable for you. I do have a military (US) pro MMA fighter contact I can put you in touch with if you need more info in that direction.

Noleram, written is libel, slander is verbal but this guy is obviously a fan of rugby as they have hookers in that, it's a playing position!
http://www.england-rugby.com/EnglandRugby/index.cfm?fuseaction=Juniors.Juniors_Detail&storyid=12673

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A genuine promoter will be available to speak to at any time, he should also be the first one to mention contracts. He will want fighters he knows will turn up and who will not rip him off. If a purse isn't on offer, very often expenses and a ticket deal will be. A no show is not a good thing as the fighter who turned up still has to be paid and you're one down on the fightcard. If the fighter who turned up is on a ticket deal and has brought a crowd with him to see him fight they go away disgruntled and unhappy. Genuine promoters really don't want that sort of thing.
Si-Je, May isn't far off though I know it's longer than you wanted, have a word with Skip to see who he knows in your area that's trustworthy and if he knows what's coming up anywhere that will be suitable for you. I do have a military (US) pro MMA fighter contact I can put you in touch with if you need more info in that direction.

Noleram, written is libel, slander is verbal but this guy is obviously a fan of rugby as they have hookers in that, it's a playing position!
http://www.england-rugby.com/EnglandRugby/index.cfm?fuseaction=Juniors.Juniors_Detail&storyid=12673
Tez makes good points -- but I would suggest a modification.

A good promoter will be reachable, and will be willing to speak with you. They may not be available at any given time; many in the US are not full time fight promoters, but have "real" jobs, too. They should return calls promptly, and be willing to make appointments or otherwise schedule meetings with you. And they should show up!

I will absolutely second that they should have contracts ready, and be willing to abide by them.

Unfortunately, by skipping the time in the amateur/semi-pro, and trying to go straight into pro fights, Si-Je & her husband miss out on the opportunity to hear about the reputations and headaches of other promoters.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez makes good points -- but I would suggest a modification.

A good promoter will be reachable, and will be willing to speak with you. They may not be available at any given time; many in the US are not full time fight promoters, but have "real" jobs, too. They should return calls promptly, and be willing to make appointments or otherwise schedule meetings with you. And they should show up!

I will absolutely second that they should have contracts ready, and be willing to abide by them.

Unfortunately, by skipping the time in the amateur/semi-pro, and trying to go straight into pro fights, Si-Je & her husband miss out on the opportunity to hear about the reputations and headaches of other promoters.

Absolutely spot on! I work shifts and can talk at work so sadly am available at any time lol!!
What a promoter wants is happy customers, that's the fighters and the audience. Audiinces should go away thinking they've seen well matched exciting fights, have been entertained and not ripped off. The fighters should feel confident their well being is paramount, that they are treated fairly with the matchmaking and they enjoy themselves. If they are being paid they should get it on the night.
Skipping am/semi pro also has other draw backs which may hinder getting into pro. A promoter has no way of knowing without a record or reputation what sort of fighter you are, most will be very wary of taking a fighter who is going straight into pro without going up the ladder first. An exception would probably be made in the case of a proven kickboxer/boxer/BJJer who they can see has trained with reputable people etc. This is where a coach/trainer/instructor is invaluable, they should know which promoters they trust and it works the other way too. I can't think of any promoter who will take the word of an unknown who hasn't a fight record, no known trainer and wants to fight pro rules. They don't have the time either to watch a fighter to see if he can fight. That's what the ams and semis are for. There's promotion here which also has one in America ( Florida I think) I can sound them out but with a lack of record I doubt they'll be interested at the moment.To be honest I find it hard to see a way around it but will have a think anyway!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Si-Je. try these people http://www.cagewarriorsusa.com/fighterswanted.php

Cagewarriors has done many shows here, we actually did one for them in the NE of England a few years back. I can vouch for the team who run the shows. The problem I think from your point of view is the location and the fact I think you will be offered amateur but if you have video proof of fighting ability you may be able to persuade them to give you a debut pro fight. Good luck anyway!

Latest Discussions