Buddhism in the Martial Arts - Student Film Documentary - Looking for martial artists

vanexel711

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a current USC film student doing a short documentary on Buddhism in Martial Arts. I am currently looking for practitioners and dojos to interview regarding the use of their martial art as a path to self-discovery and self-realization. The martial arts practitioners themselves do not have to be Buddhist. All we'll be doing is asking them questions (through a Buddhist context) in regards to how martial arts has benefited their daily life. We cannot pay (we're starving college kids :), but the film will be shown to many students, and will be great advertisement for dojos in the area.

If you have any suggestions for dojos to inquire about in the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area, it would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Kareem Dimashkie

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a current USC film student doing a short documentary on Buddhism in Martial Arts. I am currently looking for practitioners and dojos to interview regarding the use of their martial art as a path to self-discovery and self-realization. The martial arts practitioners themselves do not have to be Buddhist. All we'll be doing is asking them questions (through a Buddhist context) in regards to how martial arts has benefited their daily life. We cannot pay (we're starving college kids :), but the film will be shown to many students, and will be great advertisement for dojos in the area.

If you have any suggestions for dojos to inquire about in the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area, it would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Kareem Dimashkie

My school might, assuming you can get out to Nebraska... and survive. The Corn Coast isn't much into Trojan folks, lol.

OP
V

vanexel711

White Belt
Reaction score
LOL...I used to go to UCLA, so believe me when I say that I'm open to all colleges and states :).

Unfortunately, our range is only in the Los Angeles/Southern California area. But thank you for the kind invitation and your interest in our project.

Kareem

Latest Discussions