brush burn

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Since I lost a bit of weight and my chest has become a lot more defined, I've been getting severe brush burn on my nipples from my t-shirt while training. It's pretty bad to the point of severely broken skin. I am not entirely sure what to do about it. Band-Aids aren't doing the trick since I sweat them right off me and they don't adhere to hair well in the first place. Has anyone else experienced issues like this, and do you have any advice as to how to avoid it?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Long distance runners often face this problem, they use a product called bodyglide, essentially a lubricant for the body, alternately they use something that can only be described as a pasty, I think they are sold under a brand name of NipGaurds.

Hope this helps, and I hope I never have to deal with your problem. :)

Lamont

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't heard of bodyglide, but I was going to suggest a good moisturizer followed by bag balm.

Good moisturizers don't have glycerin or mineral oil in them, rather vitamin E, aloe, almond oil, etcetera. Then you want to follow with a lotion that DOES have glycerin or mineral oil or both in it (seals moisture), then bag balm is rather waxy and will definitely seal, protect and lubricate.

I would also suggest you find some kind of tight-fitting cotton/lycra tank to wear under your Tshirt - is should not rub, but stretch, and you have yet another layer of protection there.

Cracked nipples are also VERY vulnerable to all kinds of nasty infections - especially fungal. If they don't heal properly or quickly, or begin to look funny in any way, see your doctor immediately.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Underarmor is great for the tight fitting undershirt that Shesulsa suggested. A few of my classmates wear them.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have had this problem for a very long time. The cure for me are garments like Underarmor. It will help out greatly.

Latest Discussions