Bruce Lee or Jet Li?

OP
J

JDenz

lol crazy Frank Dux made up his recorded then sued Van Damn about it lol.

OP
S

Shinobi

LOL my point exactly. Man I been watching too many Ninja movies today. I got Frank Dux and Ashida Kim on the mind.

OP
J

JDenz

lol sorry sarcasm is sometimes lost on the computer.

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I read around other MA forums and it seems Bruce was no point fighter, in fact being taken to town by a sixteen year old. The evetns that transpired were in fact remembered by many, so I have not reason to doubt the valitdity of the claim. I'd put my money on no one, as Bruce is Dead, Chuck is old, as is David, Jet is a movie star now, and Jackie has reportatly used stunt doubles (As did chuck for most of WTR) so it's be pointless :)

OP
S

Shinobi

Put your money on me! Naww just give me your money! :D

OP
B

bob919

jackie chan isn't up to the same level as bruce lee or jet li at martial arts buts his films expeccially 1997 on are far better he makes it so much more fun to watch

OP
J

JDenz

I have never liked Bruce's movies ormost of Jet Li's but I defintily like about half of Jackie Chans. Definitly see Drunken master 2 dubbed as the American version changes the story alot.

OP
B

bob919

cant stand van damme

he has great looking high kicks
BUT

he is real slow and his kicks are telegraphed about an hour before they strike patrick swaze is bette than van damme and he only trained as a dancer

OP
J

JDenz

Dancers definitly look bette on film. Really good fighters usally don't look good on screen because they have to slow there stuff down and it makes them look stiff.

OP
B

bob919

also dancers train to look good and graceful whereas most good fighters (people that train for practicality) dont look very good cause there moves will appear less fluid and graceful obviously some martial artists look very graceful eg mark dacascos jackie chan learned his martial arts in a kind of dance acting school but i think he is agood martialartist too

OP
M

Master of Blades

Yeah its true..........My friend does TKD and hes really good and graceful. On Camera we made a Kung Fu film (It was actually pretty good) and I just looked really stiff and like I had just started while he looked flashy and really nice. Of course when we brought the sticks out I looked a lot better then him........which is why he whacked me in the face :shrug:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This Jet Li article ran in my paper today (it ran earlier in this paper, apparently):

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/8019124.htm

And then...:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-03/11/content_1359582.htm

BEIJING, Mar. 11 (Xinhuanet)-- Hollywood martial arts star Jet Li would quit movie making next month and turn to Buddhist studies in Qinghai-Tibet Plateau in Southwest China, sources close to him said.
Li planned to announce the decision on his 41st birthday on April 26, his friends and relatives in Beijing said.

OP
L

Littledragon

No competition Bruce Lee would win. I have so much respect for Jet Li and you know they would never fight or even be possible to fight eachother but Bruce Lee is a much more highly skilled Martial Artist than Jet.

As for movies Bruce Lee's of course. Enter The Dragon, Way Of The Dragon, Fist Of Fury, those are some of the greatest action/martial art movies ever.

I really love Jet but some of his movies I just don't get drawn in with all the wire work.

OP
L

Littledragon

Originally Posted by TLH3rdDan
Seagal vs. Van Damme?

Steven Seagal would beat Van Damme. Van Damme is a good martial artist but lacks the experience and knowledge that Steven Seagal has.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
Seagal, in a heartbeat.

Bruce vs. Jet...Don't know, it would be interesting to watch.
Yeah well, it'll only be as interesting as the fight choreographer, writer, director and cinematographer makes it and depending upon which one is willing to put aside his ego long enough to lose.
Remember that there were TWO versions of the fight in Return Of The Dragon that pitted Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris (against) each other. Each version shows the other one winning. Each winning version was released in the winner's home country (respectfully). Later the Lee victory was/is the usual one that is shown. Mainly because Lee's fame far outshined Norris at that time. But now Norris is making excercise infomericals along side Christy Brinkley :fanboy: :rolleyes:

But then it's Hollywood...Stars come and go. So the Lee/Li script could say "they fight and then realize that the "real" villian was pitting the two against each other and they ...( fanfare ) team-up to kick that bad mutha and his army of superhuman thugs' asses." (sound familiar??)