Bruce Lee or Jet Li?

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Oh come on! Sub-Zero has the freezing fatality then breaks the ice thing.

Yeah but...........But Scorpion.........ummm...........No damn your right. But only Sub Zero with the Mask on! :p

OP
S

shadowdragon

Originally posted by Cliarlaoch
No poll, here, just your honest opinion (sans bashing, please)...

Do you think Bruce could beat up Jet, or vice versa?

Second, who makes better movies (from either martial arts or pure entertainment value perspective).

Just curious.

--Cliarlaoch

I think Jet's movies are far more entertaining... but does anyone know does he have real fighting experience ? :asian:

OP
M

MartialArtist

Bruce vs. Jet vs. Norris?

Bruce. Jet won some competitions, but they weren't full-contact competitions. Norris has some experience with his TSD backgrounds and won some karate championships with it and is in very good shape.

But as Norris put it himself, Bruce was a monster. Quickness, ability to read your mind, nontelegraphic attacks, agile, great footwork. The only weakness that people really said was that he wasn't the most flexible of people but he was still loose most of the time.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Right on the first movie was better than the second anyway.

Deffinantly......the forest fight scene with Scorpion was actually too wicked. :D

OP
M

Master of Blades

Ok! agreed.:)

So you mean theres not gonna be a big fight? :shrug:

*Puts away knuckle Dusters*

And to think I just polished those.......:rolleyes:

OP
M

Master of Blades

Ok ok.........Guess I will just go elsewhere and look for a fight :shrug:

OP
B

bob919

jets movies look better cause he looks as if he is actally making contact and hard bruces films show the impacts looking weak and unrealistic but jet li uses guns too much in many of his movies in afight i think bruce would win cause they are proabably equal in speed and bruce did alot of strength traing and was pound for pound one of the strongest people; he could curl 70% of his bodyweight for 8 reps bruce also studyed other martial arts whereas jet li seems to only study various froms of kung fu.

Imagine if bruce was still alive; how mch money would be made by having them fight on UFC

OP
M

Master of Blades

Bruce would be 50 by now or something and wouldnt be able to fight in the UFC so in answer to your though.......Not much Money Bob. Would be fun to watch lol :asian:

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

What about a tag team event? Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan & David Carradine VS Jet Li, Chuck Norris & Jean-Claude Van Damme? All of them alive and in their prime. I'd go for the first team I think.

ummm carradine would get his *** whipped like a 2 cent hooker in a pimp convention... even van damme could take him without breaking a sweat... and thats saying alot since it seems he only fights women anyway lol... now bruce and jackie vs. jet and chuck thats something i would pay to see... i think it would be very interesting... but back to the original question i think i would go with bruce simply cause he did study so many different arts and took a completely original approach to fighting i dont think jet could keep up with him...

segal vs van damme?

richard norton vs cynthia rothrock?

and christopher lambert was awesome as raiden... they screwed up by making a second movie

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Bruce would be 50 by now or something and wouldnt be able to fight in the UFC so in answer to your though.......Not much Money Bob. Would be fun to watch lol :asian:

Bruce Lee sure did beat the heck out of Bob Wall quite a few times in the movies didn't he? :rofl: I thought Bob Wall was terrible. (no offense to anyone, that's my view)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
He wasnt THAT bad :rolleyes:

What in the He** movie were you watching then??? He was horribly terrible.

Now you might need to get your gloves on!!!:asian:

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by bob919
jets movies look better cause he looks as if he is actally making contact and hard bruces films show the impacts looking weak and unrealistic but jet li uses guns too much in many of his movies in afight i think bruce would win cause they are proabably equal in speed and bruce did alot of strength traing and was pound for pound one of the strongest people; he could curl 70% of his bodyweight for 8 reps bruce also studyed other martial arts whereas jet li seems to only study various froms of kung fu.

Imagine if bruce was still alive; how mch money would be made by having them fight on UFC
Jet Li is nowhere near Bruce's speed

Bruce Lee was nowhere near being the strongest pound for pound person ever. He was strong enough to fight, but wasn't no record holder in strength (strength is also nowhere the biggest factor in determining who wins a fight).

Studying other styles mean little. A lot of the legends only knew one or two very similiar styles (judo and jujitsu, hwarangdo and hapkido).

Bruce going into the UFC, that would be pretty much selling out. He might go into it, but he would know that the UFC isn't fighting but sport fighting for the entertainment of others

Latest Discussions