Brock Lesnar Vs Mark Hunt

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All things aside I am looking forward to this fight. Lesnar is a world class wrestler and Mark Hunt is a world class striker. Mark is also very hard to take down. If this fight stays standing for any period of time I see Hunt dominating. Likewise if Lesnar can bring his takedown skills to bear he probably will dominate on the ground. This is an exciting match up and why Dana was so eager to make it!

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
All things aside I am looking forward to this fight. Lesnar is a world class wrestler and Mark Hunt is a world class striker. Mark is also very hard to take down. If this fight stays standing for any period of time I see Hunt dominating. Likewise if Lesnar can bring his takedown skills to bear he probably will dominate on the ground. This is an exciting match up and why Dana was so eager to make it!
I'd have rather seen him fight werdum see how he does against his jiu jitsu. That fight would be guaranteed excitement thus one while still could be exciting if could easily be 3 rounds of Brock laying and preying but we'll see

Jujutsuka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He may be a performer in entertainment (pro) wrestling, but he's also a legitimate wrestler (NCAA Division 1 champion) and mixed martial artist (former UFC champion).

You can question whether he should be at the top of the card, given his 5 year absence from MMA due to health issues, but it's pretty silly to question his qualifications as a wrestler and mixed martial artist.

I agree. I think Lesnar actually performed pretty well when he first came on the MMA scene back in 2008/2009. When I first saw him knock down Frank Mir with one punch, I was just like "whoa!".

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree. I think Lesnar actually performed pretty well when he first came on the MMA scene back in 2008/2009. When I first saw him knock down Frank Mir with one punch, I was just like "whoa!".
To be fair who hasn't knocked down frank mir with one punch.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Also the other 18 people who lost to him.
Not neccaserily Brock knocked him down and he still beat him, noguiera knocked him down and still beat him, I believe Todd duffee knocked him down as did tim Sylvia

Latest Discussions