Brock Lesnar Vs Mark Hunt

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So Brock Lesnar will fight mark hunt at ufc 200. I'm not that fussed about that fight I've never been a Lesnar fan I'll be rooting for hunt. Apparently Lesnar asked to fight hunt of course he did a guy who's known to have weakness in wrestling which is lesnars strength I hope hunt knocks him out and sends him back to the WWE where he belongs. I think it's terrible how that fights the co main event over the women's title fight and the interim featherweight title typical UFC these days

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Money speaks. It's all about the money.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Money speaks. It's all about the money.
Shows how pathetic ufc is these days when they have to rely on a fake wrestler to sell their card I'm surprised they didn't make him the main event.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The UFC is a business it's aim has always been to make money, nought wrong with that of course but you can't expect it to be good for MMA if it's at the expense of making money. If it's good for MMA and makes money then it's win win, otherwise MMA and the fighters will dip out everytime.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shows how pathetic ufc is these days when they have to rely on a fake wrestler to sell their card I'm surprised they didn't make him the main event.
He may be a performer in entertainment (pro) wrestling, but he's also a legitimate wrestler (NCAA Division 1 champion) and mixed martial artist (former UFC champion).

You can question whether he should be at the top of the card, given his 5 year absence from MMA due to health issues, but it's pretty silly to question his qualifications as a wrestler and mixed martial artist.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hes qualified, accomplished, and was incredibly popular. He is having a comeback fight against another popular fighter. It wouldn't make sense for them not to make him the main card, since that fight is going to bring way more business than any of the other fights...if you have an issue with that, blame the fans not the UFC.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well people did ask who mark hunt is.

He is the guy who will knock brock lesner out.

For jesus.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well people did ask who mark hunt is.

He is the guy who will knock brock lesner out.

For jesus.
Let's hope so honestly I think he's the most overrated champion who was gifted the belt. Let's look at his career. Lost to frank mir, laid and preyed on Heath hearing who's as good a wrestler as I am beat couture who'd been out for a year and is really a natural light heavyweight. Beat frank mir who basically gave him that fight by doing a jumping knee while Lesnar had his other leg in the air seriously what a stupid move that was. Got his *** kicked by carwin and would've lost if the guy had actually ever done a cardio session in his life. Then got destroyed easily by Cain and overeem. His career was nothing to marvel at fair play to him for doing what he did respect for that but he got a title shot after 1 win against a journeyman and he never really evolved his game. He's a got marketing tool maybe

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You seem to have a serious hatred for Lesnar that doesn't really seem to come from anywhere. Because he was in the WWE? Because he had a mediocre record for a champ? Because he got lucky wins? Maybe because of steroids based on one of your comments? While these are reasons not to view him as a favorite fighter of yours, none of them really seem like a reason to have the hatred towards him that you have.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You seem to have a serious hatred for Lesnar that doesn't really seem to come from anywhere. Because he was in the WWE? Because he had a mediocre record for a champ? Because he got lucky wins? Maybe because of steroids based on one of your comments? While these are reasons not to view him as a favorite fighter of yours, none of them really seem like a reason to have the hatred towards him that you have.
Because he's a jerk who flips off the crowd gets in a half conscious opponents face and screams at them gets right in front of a camera snarling with spit coming out his mouth, pushes security guards who are doing there job, spits at people taunts a guy after doing nothing laying and preying for 15 minutes and is a mediocre fighter who acts like he's gods gift. Basically because he's nothing more than a high school bully and he's one of the reasons the sports becoming a circus event

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because he's a jerk who flips off the crowd gets in a half conscious opponents face and screams at them gets right in front of a camera snarling with spit coming out his mouth, pushes security guards who are doing there job, spits at people taunts a guy after doing nothing laying and preying for 15 minutes and is a mediocre fighter who acts like he's gods gift. Basically because he's nothing more than a high school bully and he's one of the reasons the sports becoming a circus event
I have no knowledge of or opinion about Lesnar's character in general. I will say that I don't know of any mediocre fighters who have beaten Randy Couture, Shane Carwin, Frank Mir, and Heath Herring.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My response is almost word for word the same as Tony's. I do not know his personality, but that's not what you had referenced beforehand. Out of curiosity, what part of my post did you 'dislike'? If the quote paragraph is true (and I have no reason to doubt it, although I've never heard this before) they are perfectly legitimate reasons to dislike him. However, none of them are what you addressed earlier in the thread, or are what I addressed as the complaints you initially stated.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To those that don't like the UFC, why watch it? If you don't watch it, why comment on it?

I'm glad it's on television all the time. I like watching Martial fights.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Lesnar seems like a weird dude, but the guy is a physical marvel. He's a giant. And the thing about the wwe is that it's kind of like tumbling, aerial acrobatics, wrestling and acting all rolled up in one. For hpguys that big to move like those guys do it incredible.

And lesnar had some serious health issues, which, IIRC, involved losing portions of his intestines. I hope he comes back strong.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To those that don't like the UFC, why watch it? If you don't watch it, why comment on it?

I'm glad it's on television all the time. I like watching Martial fights.

I rarely watch UFC for two reasons, mostly because it's on live here at ridiculous o'clock in the morning, I'm not staying up all night to watch it and secondly because I'll only watch fighters I know or know of. I'm often too busy to watch televised fights because I'm at fight nights around the country or doing something Guiding related. It's not particularly the UFC, though some of the comments here are 'fanboy' ones lol.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Came on here to comment the same thing it's pathetic if he can't get off his steroids he shouldn't fight the whole point of banning steroids is because it's dangerous for the other fighter what with this nonsense and the mess balator made with kimbo slice the sport really is going downhill . Let's be honest him and the ufc knew about this fight ages before we heard months ago mark hunt was told to stay in shape for ufc 200 this was in about February. I'm sure the ufc are preying that Lesnar wins to get more wwe fanboys interested in the sport

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the ufc are preying

A Freudian slip there I feel.

The sport isn't 'going downhill' it wasn't very far up the hill to start with but you have companies who want to make money which is a legitimate ideal and often sportsmanship and big business do not go hand in hand. Have a look at the FIFA fiasco if you don't believe me.

The problem with steroids is 'not getting off them' it's that they do things to your body that mean you most likely have to keep taking them. The other point is that steroids will not make you a skilled fighter, if you don't work and don't have some talent to start with no amount of any drug is going to help. Fighters don't win just because they take steroids, I've known a few who taken them have never won a fight and gas half way into the second round.
The issue of steroid taking needs to be understood by the fan boys, I'm not in favour of taking them nor do I think fighters ( or anyone) should but the effects ( or lack of) in a fight should be understood

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My coach just had his test. And at 5 am for some strange reason.

Latest Discussions