Boy sent home because of hat.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the same sort of confounding and confusing relationships with you that Australia and Canada do,

Huh??
How so?
Both nations are completely independent, in everyway.
Our Governor Generals, (our executive branch), may in theory be appointed by the Queen, but that hasn’t happened in damn near 100 years. The last time a GG went against the “advice” of our PM was about 80 years ago.
All you Mercians had to do was wait around just a little bit longer and the Brit’s would have been more then happy to legislate you away. No need to fight. :)

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh??
How so?

I didn't mean any differently, however this:

Our Governor Generals, (our executive branch), may in theory be appointed by the Queen, but that hasn’t happened in damn near 100 years. The last time a GG went against the “advice” of our PM was about 80 years ago.

Is complicated and confounding...:lfao:

All you Mercians had to do was wait around just a little bit longer and the Brit’s would have been more then happy to legislate you away. No need to fight. :)

Yah, but we did it with the gun earlier, instead.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We invented America! (Btw my house is older than your country by almost hundred years or so lol!)

Ken, that's the truth of it!

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Huh??
How so?

I was going to answer this. But Ken did it for me. Whew. :) Thanks ken.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to answer this. But Ken did it for me. Whew. :) Thanks ken.

We don't have anyone "appointed by the Queen," in theory, or otherwise.

I mean, whatever the practice is, in theory the Monarch still retains all executive, legislative and judicial power over your country, in the person of the governor general, whom they (she) has the sole right to appoint-though they've been appointed, quite conveniently, by your Prime Minister.

Like I said, complicated and confounding-though I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you....:lfao:

I mean, we don't have any depictions of British royalty on our currency, current or otherwise:

Attachments

• $ist2_140219-canadian-20.jpg
    $ist2_140219-canadian-20.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 202

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone think a hundred miles is a long way? thats a bit odd.

Having the Queen as head of state however saves having politicians think they are, much, much safer. All oaths of loyal are to the monarch and country rather than to a politician. Anytime Canada or Australia or any other country want to declare themselves republics they are free to do so, it's up to then, while it's talked about it hasn't happened yet.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You don't have anyone then who did something for his/her country that didn't involve guns and killing people like the natives? Was there no one who made peace with the Native Americans and treated them like humans or was the saying the only good Indian was a dead one something to be proud of? Was there anyone who did anything to help the poor or the sick? Anyone who made your country a better one without actually killing someone else ( and that includes McDs I'm afraid)

Yes, millions of people every day do these things. They are parents, doctors, social workers, scientists and others. They come from all walks of life to make the world a better place. If you want a specific name, how about Mr. Rushing? He is my father and a 'polio pioneer'.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
It amazes me that with all the non-profits, charities, and public service announcements out there that the worst problem to ever plague this planet is being overlooked and ignored.

A problem that impacts every single life on this lump of rock we call Earth, one that can and will lead to the eventual extinction of our species at the very least if left unchecked is not and has not had any attention shown to it at all...

What is this problem?

What is this epidemic that's infected every aspect of our world today?

What is this scurge that threatens to destroy the entire world?

It's called...

IDIOCY!

And folks are slap-dab ate up with it! LOL... you have to laugh about it or else the reality of how sad our current state is would surely send an otherwise sane person into a suicidal fit of depression.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
We don't have anyone "appointed by the Queen," in theory, or otherwise.

I mean, whatever the practice is, in theory the Monarch still retains all executive, legislative and judicial power over your country, in the person of the governor general, whom they (she) has the sole right to appoint-though they've been appointed, quite conveniently, by your Prime Minister.

Like I said, complicated and confounding-though I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you....:lfao:

I mean, we don't have any depictions of British royalty on our currency, current or otherwise:

How does that make it confusing though?

The queen is a figurehead, in theory you correct, but as ken said, we're independent country and the last time a monarch appointed a GG was at a time when very large animals roamed the earth. =]

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
You don't have anyone then who did something for his/her country that didn't involve guns and killing people like the natives? Was there no one who made peace with the Native Americans and treated them like humans or was the saying the only good Indian was a dead one something to be proud of? Was there anyone who did anything to help the poor or the sick? Anyone who made your country a better one without actually killing someone else ( and that includes McDs I'm afraid)

It's a pretty large glass house you live in across the pond... perhaps you should consider that before picking up another stone.

chaos1551

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Yes, we have those people but they're all immigrants.

No, seriously though. There are lots of people that did lots of good stuff that didn't involve guns. Indoctrinated as I might be, my patriotism seems linked to guns on a substantial level.

However, I'm really proud that our country attracted people like Nikola Tesla (discoverer of AC power) Benjamin Franklin (inventor of all sorts of neat things) and, hell, we have Bill Gates! All sarcasm aside, I get a quelling of patriotism when I think about folks like that. But freedom is a huge theme in our country and it was gained through violent liberation--and it was honestly not all that long ago. I'm not too proud of how we treated the people we conquered over here (the natives). Though I'm proud of our armed forces and support them in the ways that I can, I'm not too proud of some of the military conflicts we've gotten involved in. But these conflicts made us who we are and I'm proud of that. I don't sit back and think about guns or pray to them or anything ludicrous like that--I revel in our freedoms regardless of how we got them and that is from where my patriotism comes. It's just really tied in with guns.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty large glass house you live in across the pond... perhaps you should consider that before picking up another stone.

Well you can get off your high horse because I have always said in my posts, if you actually read them properly, that Britain is culpable for a great deal, I've never denied that.
And I will pick up another stone, the one that says the world being lectured by America on freedom and democracy goes a long way to account for the hostility you may encounter from the world.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this thread resurrected to annoy a certain Kiwi? :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be careful wearing a Trump hat in public. Being banned from school could be the least of your problems. People have gotten jumped for wearing Trump hats or for otherwise openly being Trump fans.

You say that like it's a bad thing........................

This thread is next to get locked down isn't it?

Last edited:

Latest Discussions