Boxing One-two

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oldest trick in the book: Jab, right hand. Yet it accounts for at least half of the KOs at all levels.

Even as with the jab as a feint, the one-two does the trick, if you have a good right hand.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tough to practice with the bag supported like that.

My friend gave me it just to hit something. Hooking it was impossible and it felt like punching bouncy glue. No resistance. Very bad bag.

I had to hit it very precisely at spots that werent totally worn out. But it at least weighed a little bit so I felt some contact.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oldest trick in the book: Jab, right hand. Yet it accounts for at least half of the KOs at all levels.

Even as with the jab as a feint, the one-two does the trick, if you have a good right hand.

is that statistic verifiable ,

from casusal observation is doesnt seem true at elite heavy weight level, where they tend to go down under a flurry of punches rather than the old one two, and again from casual observation the final punch seems to be comnonly a hook, if it is a straight right, it not often immediatly preceeded by a jab

Last edited:
OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
is that statistic verifiable ,

from casusal observation is doesnt seem true at elite heavy weight level, where they tend to go down under a flurry of punches rather than the old one two

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If not the actual KO then the knockdown and follow up when it's just a matter of finishing the job

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My former country man Branko. At 1:36 one-two ko of Ernst Hoost

Branko was taught boxing by Muhammed Ali cornerman Angel Dundee

But he decided to kickbox

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i asked for a verfication of the statisicic that it counts for more than 50 % of kbock outs, AT ALL LEVELS,that many 10,of 1000 of contest, showing two examples doesnt come close to doing that.

thats the whole evidence by selective viewing of you tube thing that happens on here quite a lot

if its true fine, il stand corrected, but you need actual evidence for that to happen, like say DATA

i mean lets start easy, did you get the figure from a reliable source or just make it up

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
i asked for a verfication of the statisicic that it counts for more than 50 % of kbock outs, AT ALL LEVELS,that many 10,of 1000 of contest, showing two examples doesnt come close to doing that.

thats the whole evidence by selective viewing of you tube thing that happens on here quite a lot

if its true fine, il stand corrected, but you need actual evidence for that to happen, like say DATA

i mean lets start easy, did you get the figure from a reliable source or just make it up

This isn't tennis. There is no database for such things. You know it by watching enough fights

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If not the actual KO then the knockdown and follow up when it's just a matter of finishing the job
the faxt youve now changed the whoke context if the claim leads me to conclude you just made it up in the first place

if you saying that most knock out start with someone throwing a jab, thats seems plausible

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
the faxt youve now changed the whoke context if the claim leads me to conclude you just made it up in the first place

if you saying that most knock out start with someone throwing a jab, thats seems plausible

My original statement was "accounts for", which is compatible with that as well.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
so made up claim then, ? thats ok then, at least we kbow it was opinion maskerading as fact

Not anymore than my claim that most Hollywood actresses have plastic surgeries. There's more things to life than databases.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not anymore than my claim that most Hollywood actresses have plastic surgeries. There's more things to life than databases.
m
so that would mean most actresses that have ever appeared on set have had cometic surgury, that again runs ibto 10, of thousands, have you seen the size of the crowd in antony and Cleopatra ,

if your saying most of the cutrent leadibg actresses have had surgury, that is possibly so, but that only a few dozen people and well within your capacicy to notice, if you were bothered enough to pay attention

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Even this is debatable. FWIW, I've tried looking into what punches cause what % of knockouts, and similar data in the past with no luck. It's weird to me since they take data from each match, but somehow no one (as far as I can tell) has done any sort of mass analysis of that data. Or if they have, they're keeping it secret. If you (or anyone else) could find that data I'd appreciate it.

@Acronym So just for clarity, for the jab to account for the KO, does that mean the jab has to land? If I throw a jab and he ducks into my uppercut, does that mean it accounts for the KO? What about if I hit with a jab, he stumbles, then I follow up with a combo that results in a KO? Or a 4-5 combo where a job is anywhere involved? I'm fine with any use of account, just want to make sure we're all on the same page for that.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Even this is debatable. FWIW, I've tried looking into what punches cause what % of knockouts, and similar data in the past with no luck. It's weird to me since they take data from each match, but somehow no one (as far as I can tell) has done any sort of mass analysis of that data. Or if they have, they're keeping it secret. If you (or anyone else) could find that data I'd appreciate it.

@Acronym So just for clarity, for the jab to account for the KO, does that mean the jab has to land? If I throw a jab and he ducks into my uppercut, does that mean it accounts for the KO? What about if I hit with a jab, he stumbles, then I follow up with a combo that results in a KO? Or a 4-5 combo where a job is anywhere involved? I'm fine with any use of account, just want to make sure we're all on the same page for that.
it wouldnt be the hardest thing to access all the heavy weight championship fights since 1970s and watch them, with an eye on the lead up to any kbock out, but are you including only spark out on the floor or tkos

it becomes pyramidicaly more difficult if you included all weight devisions and non championship fights at elite level( and there may not be film of the undercard,) that sounds like half a life times work, which is possibly why no one has bothered ?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

No it does not. The clips I posted feature the jab as a feint, just like I did it.

Latest Discussions