Boxing at the Gym 8/12/2016 at 16:00

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My boxing days are 1/2 of my lifetime ago, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

First of all, looks good, nice sweet science happening there. Seems like you have some pop.

I notice, though that when you return from your jab, you're dropping your left hand. I remember that much from my coaches. Later in the series, you're holding that left hand down by your belt, maybe that was because you were working your right hand and it was part of you were working on, but my dated experience reminds me that keeping those hands up throughout those exchanges is really important, especially following a jab, when you are likely to face a counter.

Incorrect. This is called the "Philly Shell" or the "Crab Defense" by the Mayweather camp. The lead hand is supposed to stay low, although he has it in a wrong position.

Muay Ninja

White Belt
Reaction score
You look stiff in that video. You should try and focus on relaxing on the bag a bit more. Your body needs to loosen up so that you conserve more energy and become less readable.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
You look stiff in that video. You should try and focus on relaxing on the bag a bit more. Your body needs to loosen up so that you conserve more energy and become less readable.
Seeing as this was over a year ago he's probably gotten better now

Muay Ninja

White Belt
Reaction score
Probably. Advice for anyone else new that views this none the less.

Relaxing the body is a very important part of training. Something that just isn't empthasized enough at a base level.

Latest Discussions