Bong Soo Han's dojan in Santa Monica?

Raymond

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm planning an actual vacation this year and want to include as much martial arts training as I can. I have always been interested in Bong Soo Han's brand of Hapkido and considered paying a visit to the IHF headquarters and Dojang. Unfortunately Master Han passed in 2007, but I was hoping that it would still be a great place to stop and visit since there are other things in the area that I will be doing.

Has anyone here ever been to the IHF and Master Han's dojang? Would anyone have any advice on the matter?
Besides HKD I also train Gracie Jiujitsu and the Gracie Academy in Beverly Hills and Master Han's IHF headquarters are only about 5 miles from each other so I thought it would be a great chance to visit both and spend a week or so in the area.

OP
R

Raymond

Orange Belt
Reaction score
98 views and no one has ever been there? :(

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, if you want a negative to go with the views, I have never been there. I think you must know Hapkido is not a popular MA like TKD or Karate, or eve Aikido.

Sorry, but with patience, perhaps someone who has will see this and post.

OP
R

Raymond

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand. Was also hoping to spur some conversation in our HKD forum too :)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand. Was also hoping to spur some conversation in our HKD forum too :)

Conversation in the HKD forum would always be a benefit. I guess there just aren't enough who study HKD. sigh

Latest Discussions