Bong Hyung Il Bu staff form

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We had a visiting instructor in our class last week who showed us the bo form Bong Hyung Il Bu. I thought it was really cool, as even the black belts in our class took up staffs and joined in (there are usually 6 or 7 black belt instructors in our class of about 20 or so). Anyway, I'm sure I'll forget it if I don't keep it up, and was wondering if anyone knew of an AVI or something similar of the form I could refernce until I have it cold? There are Hyung and Poomse clips available in a number of places on the internet, does anyone know of something similar, or maybe even a written description? I feel very fortunate to have had it taught to me once, but I'm not at a level yet where once is good enough for me to remember it forever.

Thanks!

jim

OP
jim777

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, does anyone know where I can purchase a video describing how to do this bong form? I believe there are four altogether called:
bong hyung il bu
bong hyung e bu
bong hyung sam bu,
and I don't remember the last form's name, unfortunately. I'd love to master it if the choice is master it or forget it due to it being taught by a visiting instructor. I know it isn't ITF TKD, but I'm guessing it's related. Maybe Moo Duk Kwan or Tang Soo Do? I'm still a white belt so I'm lost here.

thanks!

jim

oh, an even better question: Would it be impolite to ask this same question in one or two other forums? I don't want to spam it around or anything, but I'd really like an answer. I don't want to go outside the forum's etiquette, though.

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Jim, I don't know if this fits the bill, but I found video clips of bong hyung Il and Ee bu staff forms at www.natkd.com Hope this is of help to you. Looks interesting as I will have to know them if and when I test for 4th dan. Go to the North Austin TKD section.

Latest Discussions