Body conditioning

Kneevsface

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey ive been doin martial arts for some time now an in 2 months im steping into the cage. My whole body is like steel except for my thighs an stomac. When i cop a kick in the guts i drop like a sack of spuds. Ive tryed every thing to condition my thighs an gut but its stil the same resalt. Im only 65 kilo an wana be a rock. Could my liver be screwed? Any ideas about what i can do to condition my self beter. Cheers

PeteMc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The only thing that I can say are doing, for your core, are Sit-ups, do about 10 sets of 100reps, Weighted sit-ups using 25lb dumbbells in each arm id say about 10 reps 5sets, and lastly u can have some punch your abs in order to strengthen them and tighten them up tell them to start light and get harder as they punch, I do this for football so i can hit or be hit with very little pain in the mid section. For thighs, the only things I can think of would be squats w/ or w/out weight without weight means more reps and with weight will prolly be a bit more difficult but will help.
Hope this helps

OP
K

Kneevsface

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been doing all that 4 a while an having protien shakes an runing an geting ppl to kick me an all sorts. Ive been doin ma for almost 12 years now an stil a good kick in the guts drops me. I duno what to do hey =S

PeteMc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How tall are you? you may also need to eat more LOL... but do you work your obliques? you may want to do that if you don't already a way to do it is to put your arms behind your head and bring your elbows parallel with your head and while you are doing the sit up turn left and touch your knee and then go back to a regular situp position and do it to the other side. this will work your obliques and may help you with the kicks to the side of the stomach

OP
K

Kneevsface

White Belt
Reaction score
I eat like a horse an im nearly 6 foot lol. I get kicked in the ribs an i basicaly shrug it of like some one is pokeing me lol but if i cop one just below my sternam i drop. I train 7 days a week an i cant get rid of this problem. Its realy starting to frustrate me lol

PeteMc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Haha this is a strange case imo... um maybe crunches or maybe decline bench press although it will most likely just only build the bottom of your pectoral muscles but it may help... but other than this IDK lol maybe someone else can help around or try googling abdominal strengthening excersizes lol

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I eat like a horse an im nearly 6 foot lol. I get kicked in the ribs an i basicaly shrug it of like some one is pokeing me lol but if i cop one just below my sternam i drop. I train 7 days a week an i cant get rid of this problem. Its realy starting to frustrate me lol

I feel your pain... no really, I do. I've got a good strong 6-pack (not bad for going on 55) and do a variety of abdominal exercises... medecine ball workouts help... so my stomach is OK, but ever since I was a kid, I've had a really sensitive solar plexus. My first instructor called it a "glass chest". Ab workouts and chest exercises didn't help much since this is a spot, just below the sternum that is not well armored with muscles. Basically you've got 3 choices, learn to cover your center so you don't get hit there so much, learn to keep-on going without any wind --at least till there's a break, or find someone who has actually figured this one out. Good luck!

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
At 6 ft and 65 kilos you`re just way too light. Get your trainer to help you work with a medicine ball to strengthen your abs and to help you learn the timing of tightening your abs on impact.....and then eat more. At that hight weight ratio you just don`t have the mass to take a shot to the guts. There`s a reason pro boxers are muscular but not ripped to shreds.

OP
K

Kneevsface

White Belt
Reaction score
Well im rather muscular 4 my size i even have an 8 pac lol an its only my stomac i cant take a hit in.an if i gain waight ile be fighting even stronger an bigger guys lol. So im stuck between a rock an a hard place lol. Maybe i just have a crudy solar plexis like that dude said. Would copin constant kicks there condition it like ive done to my ribs cuse there like steel lol

PeteMc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That may help you be able to take a hit because then your body would reckognize it and not feel as much pain but there are no guarantees on that, like geezer said Id try to block anything going toward your stomach as best you could w/out giving up the rest of your body to attack

OP
K

Kneevsface

White Belt
Reaction score
Ile be going into the cage soon so ime bound to be hit there cuse i no when i fight i always thrust kick ppl in the solar plexis lol. I think i have to drink sum concreate an harden up lol

PeteMc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
haha although not the safest thing to do... it's so crazy it just might work =P jk... dont try it LOL

OP
K

Kneevsface

White Belt
Reaction score
I have to man or ile get my butt handed to me everytime lol