Board Breaking Videos

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
I had to break four boards for my 1st geup test. I used the following four techniques: Knife hand strike, hammer fist strike, front kick, and side kick. Here are the videos of the board breaks.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Breaks from my first dan exam

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I never broke a board before. I wonder if I can do it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never broke a board before. I wonder if I can do it.

Sure you can. Any of our students wearing a yellow belt (9th geup) or higher have done so. Even the 6-7 year olds.
Commitment, confidence and technique. That is all it takes, until you start getting into the power breaks.

I just saw the prices for the boards. I only want one lol.

A pine 1x12x8 is $12.00-$13.00 at Lowes. That is one reason I prefer concrete pavers. They're $0.98 at the local block store. Breaking a pile of them costs me less than $10.00, instead of $30.00 for wood.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sure you can. Any of our students wearing a yellow belt (9th geup) or higher have done so. Even the 6-7 year olds.
Commitment, confidence and technique. That is all it takes, until you start getting into the power breaks.

A pine 1x12x8 is $12.00-$13.00 at Lowes. That is one reason I prefer concrete pavers. They're $0.98 at the local block store. Breaking a pile of them costs me less than $10.00, instead of $30.00 for wood.
I'll try something new and break a board for the first time.

BigJavi973

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I had to break four boards for my 1st geup test. I used the following four techniques: Knife hand strike, hammer fist strike, front kick, and side kick. Here are the videos of the board breaks.
I just broke some boards myself.... is it ok If I post it here on your thread

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came late to this thread and can't see any of Azulx's videos, click on and it says 'this video doesn't exist' which is obviously not true lol.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
I came late to this thread and can't see any of Azulx's videos, click on and it says 'this video doesn't exist' which is obviously not true lol.
I deleted the videos, because I out them all together. The original post had them as small clips. I will post the compilation.

Latest Discussions