Blue belt vs pink belt

JBAtlanta

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

what's the difference between Gracie blue and pink belts? If I'm already training for a blue belt (and hopefully beyond) is there anything different I'd learn in the pink belt course?

Thanks

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

what's the difference between Gracie blue and pink belts? If I'm already training for a blue belt (and hopefully beyond) is there anything different I'd learn in the pink belt course?

Thanks

The pink belt is awarded for completing a short (15 lesson) women's self-defense course. The material includes some basic BJJ techniques and self-defense tactics. There are a few tactical considerations covered that wouldn't be covered in the regular blue belt curriculum, but not a lot of extra technical knowledge.

(Note - the pink belt is essentially a certificate of completion for a course unique to the Gracie Academy and is not really a martial arts rank. In contrast, the blue belt is a rank recognized across all of BJJ.)

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks

It would probably be a good idea to take the pink belt course anyways. Even if it only covers a few simpler fundamentals and self-defense techniques, it would still be a good thing to take.

When you get a bit more advanced, you may be teaching such seminars as well, and it wouldn't hurt to see how others work such things.

Latest Discussions