Black Belt honor program?

dragonswordkata

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Did anyone else see adds for getting your Black Belt via a video training course where you don't even have to submit a video of your material to get your BB? You just send in your money, 2k I think it was, and they send you all the stuff plus your certification. You just have to "promise" to do the work. I woun't say what prominent magazine i saw this in, no need to get sued.
I wonder how many people bite and do this crud.....or maybe I'm in the wrong and missing out on a golden pyrimid scheme. This would free up lots of time from doing actual teaching to just cashing checks.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Did anyone else see adds for getting your Black Belt via a video training course where you don't even have to submit a video of your material to get your BB? You just send in your money, 2k I think it was, and they send you all the stuff plus your certification. You just have to "promise" to do the work. I woun't say what prominent magazine i saw this in, no need to get sued.
I wonder how many people bite and do this crud.....or maybe I'm in the wrong and missing out on a golden pyrimid scheme. This would free up lots of time from doing actual teaching to just cashing checks.
I know I've seen the same ad in the past or something very similar. I remember a large ad? Was it half page?

Someone must be cashing in. The advertising fees have to pretty steep. I guess they could have conned a bank into giving them a small business loan.

I suppose there are people who fall for this sort of thing. I wonder if any of them have competed in local or national competitions. What an eye-opener that would be.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
for god's sake, just order a black belt from century. it's like 5 or 10 bucks.

jf

Latest Discussions