Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of Luck.
Just do your best and you will do well.
Relax you wouldn't be testing if you didn't know your stuff

K

Kenpomachine

By now you should have passed your test, Ian. Now, don't forget to post here next week what the result has been, I'm sure that by then you'll be a black belt.

Lucía

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, it's all done. Won't know if I've passed for about a week.

I'm really banged up, and my right arms knackered in a few places (one of my fingers has gone purple, funk knows what I've done to it...)

And yes, as I feared, I was sick :(

Ian.

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Good job! Why a week away before you know if you passed?:confused:

Because they have to go away and discuss us, apparantly, isn't this common practice?

Mr. Brady - unfortunately, I absolutely hated it from start to finish, I don't have a favourite part of it apart from when it was over!

Ian.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber
Because they have to go away and discuss us, apparantly, isn't this common practice?

Any test I have been apart of you receive the belt after the instructors confer with one another.

C

CoolKempoDude

i'm sure there is another way to know if you pass the test or not ???

any *hot line* phone number to call ????

how many hours did you go through for your bb test ???

if you can, pls let me know the result. Congratulation.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think I would have gone insane if they had made us wait a week to find out if we had passed the bb test!! They made us do our fair share of waiting alright while they all disappeared into the office to discuss things. But we had to wait in the studio and then they called us in one by one and asked us how we think we did. This was almost as nerve wracking as testing!! They all (my panel had Mr. Planas, Mr. Frank Trejo, my instructor and several others on it) just stared at you with blank looks on their faces as we each, one by one were put on the spot and stammered around trying to answer their questions!! I think it is all part of the test and that they have fun with that part of it.

Well- I hope you passed- I know I felt quite sick on my test day too- let us know and Congrats!!

:asian: :karate:

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Shodan
I think I would have gone insane if they had made us wait a week to find out if we had passed the bb test!! They made us do our fair share of waiting alright while they all disappeared into the office to discuss things. But we had to wait in the studio and then they called us in one by one and asked us how we think we did. This was almost as nerve wracking as testing!! They all (my panel had Mr. Planas, Mr. Frank Trejo, my instructor and several others on it) just stared at you with blank looks on their faces as we each, one by one were put on the spot and stammered around trying to answer their questions!! I think it is all part of the test and that they have fun with that part of it.

Well- I hope you passed- I know I felt quite sick on my test day too- let us know and Congrats!!

:asian: :karate:

for curious, how many questions did they ask you in the *interview*???

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
for curious, how many questions did they ask you in the *interview*???

Each one of us did 1 form each and had to answer some questions per form. Then we moved into techniques and had to answer various questinos. It was kind of nerve racking since you never really know if the answer you give is what they are looking for. Anyhow it was many various types of questions about forms, sets, and techniques.

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
i'm sure there is another way to know if you pass the test or not ???

any *hot line* phone number to call ????

how many hours did you go through for your bb test ???

if you can, pls let me know the result. Congratulation.

Unfortunately not no, I'll just have to wait to be told! I'm sure most of it is just to add an aire of mystery, they probably decided in the car in the way home!

Also, yummy purple bruises appearing:

Attachments

• $bruises.jpg
    $bruises.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 386
OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't people say knackered in America? Must be a British thing!

Knackered is when something is broken I suppose, like we might see a really old car that wants scrapping and say it's knackered, for example.

Ian.

P

ProfessorKenpo

Don't people say knackered in America? Must be a British thing!

Knackered is when something is broken I suppose, like we might see a really old car that wants scrapping and say it's knackered, for example.

Ian.

Sorry Ian, it's not something Americans are familiar with unless they've spent a good deal of time with or around someone from the UK. Most here wouldn't know you don't put dogends in the toilet either LOL. I spent 3 years in the UK and there's not much of the slang I didn't pick up.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

P

pknox

:D

You know someone's going to ask what a dogend is now don't you...hehe

Ian.

It might as well be me...what is a dogend?