Black Belt Club

L

Limeydog

Hi Everyone,

From what I understand the "Black Belt Club" comprises of colored belts who promise An Shu Hayes/Quest Instructors that they will attain black belt. How many people here are serious about reaching their Toshindo Black Belt. Of course I understand that achieving a nlack belt is only the begining of the journey, not the end. I feel that Toshindo is everything that I have ever wanted in a martial art and will do everything in my power to become a black belt and teacher of the art. How many of you also feel that way? I would love to hear of your insights into the art of Toshindo.

Later

OP
L

Limeydog

Sorry,

that should have read blackbelt not nlack belt...not enough caffine...sorry

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
One day I WILL have a black belt and I WILL teach!!! I just don't know when. LOL. I really want to have my own dojo one day when I am ready.

I just have to have it beat into me a few years. :whip:

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Satt said:
One day I WILL have a black belt and I WILL teach!!! I just don't know when. LOL. I really want to have my own dojo one day when I am ready.

I just have to have it beat into me a few years. :whip:
and all that overhead? hee hee! teach outside!;)

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So the blackbelt club isn't necessarily made up of blackbelt graded students, just students that feel they are motivated and dedicated enough to pursue that goal? That's cool.

For those whose goal it is to earn blackbelt and further grading, and become a teacher, what are your motivations / desires for wanting to do so?

IOW, "why teach?"

Enson: "and all that overhead? hee hee! teach outside!"

Good advice! The world is your dojo.

Gambatte!

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Generally, people quit training at three different times. The first is 9th kyu, the second is shodan, and the third is godan.

Don't look at a person's rank, look at how he moves and what he can do. For example, it's not very depressing to be told you're using too much strength by a guy whose front foot is pointing in the same direction as his rear nipple when he's completed his punch...

OP
L

Limeydog

Why Teach?

I have taught martial arts (mainly Muay Thai and American Kenpo) for a while now and still get a blast from seeing an uncoordinated student finally get it. Plus by teaching I get an indepth look at the system, the technique and the person. This in itself helps me understand a whole lot more. Why teach Toshindo. I believe in the System, its message and An Shu Hayes.

I also see teaching as "giving back to the Art", plus knowledge has to be passed on to the next generation of students/instructors/masters...

Later

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
not nlack belt
Thats it....your drunk....give me the keys......

black belt club huh? I would....but I'm commited to Bujinkan. I have spare time, I would be able to go to Dayton several times a year. Hayes himself does private lessons. How many other High ranking masters do that, right?

windwarrior

White Belt
Reaction score
I will earn my black belt in the next 2 years or so then i will set me goal to move from there onward to higher belt ranks i am of the mindset that i want to keep progressing with this i have tried other martial arts and this is the one that i feel fits me best :)

cloud

White Belt
Reaction score
Limeydog said:
Hi Everyone,

From what I understand the "Black Belt Club" comprises of colored belts who promise An Shu Hayes/Quest Instructors that they will attain black belt. How many people here are serious about reaching their Toshindo Black Belt. Of course I understand that achieving a nlack belt is only the begining of the journey, not the end. I feel that Toshindo is everything that I have ever wanted in a martial art and will do everything in my power to become a black belt and teacher of the art. How many of you also feel that way? I would love to hear of your insights into the art of Toshindo.

Later

It is great you are thinking this way. What's better is that you are seeing black belt only as the begining!!! Few people do that so that's really good. You have determination it seems, and yet you still break the long road into separate pieces by having short-termed goal; black belt.

I would invite you to look at blackbelt as only the manifestation of mind; a level of skillful and concious mind and instead of reaching for belt simply readjust your perspective to look at the art in the way to explore to power of mind.

If you are in water, look eagerly into the fire element; the connectivity and level of awareness you would reach, the amount of intensity and focus. Seek to understand wind to be truly compassionate and invisible. Reach out for void where you apply all the four elements at appropriate time and place.

I think it is great to have passionate people like you because only by this mean will the art lives on. I will continue to teach and pass on the art too, though may not be in a dojo-like environment but as someone here said, "The world is a dojo." It's a great idea and I appreciate that. :)

Please refer to Mr.Hayes 14 codes of conduct, or buy his book "How to conquer the World?" for further indepth investigation.

Latest Discussions