Black belt at last!

CoreyMinchin

White Belt
Reaction score
Okay so after 4 and a half years of Ju-Jitsu training, I finally earned my black belt!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! What form of jujitsu?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Firstly, congratulations! Second, you know you didn't have to wait until you had gotten a black belt before you started posting here, yeah? Thirdly, which system? I'm assuming by the name "Combat Ju-Jitsu" it's a modern Western one, yeah?

OP
C

CoreyMinchin

White Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, congratulations! Second, you know you didn't have to wait until you had gotten a black belt before you started posting here, yeah? Thirdly, which system? I'm assuming by the name "Combat Ju-Jitsu" it's a modern Western one, yeah?

To be perfectly honest I'm not 100% sure, it's my sensei's own style. It's sort of a cross between Japanese Ju-Jitsu and and some other type he taught in the military. I really should know more, I admit, but I really don't know.

OP
C

CoreyMinchin

White Belt
Reaction score
Congrats!! Isn't 4 and a half years really quick? If so, double congrats!

It's reasonably quick. It varies between clubs as to how quick you can earn your black belt. There's a purple belt where I train who's been going for longer than I have but he has missed the odd grading and then had to wait the same amount of time over again until his next grading for the same belt as the grading he previously missed. Also he had a while out due to a broken ankle so I guess it just depends. Thank you!

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I'm not 100% sure, it's my sensei's own style. It's sort of a cross between Japanese Ju-Jitsu and and some other type he taught in the military. I really should know more, I admit, but I really don't know.

Cool. Yeah, it's a modern system then. Congrats again!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations and well done!!

Latest Discussions