Black Arts Society

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
From just looking over the website I have formed a few, but will with-hold such until I can find more about them.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
The One I looked at was www.black-arts-society.com

Have a slight problem with any system that bills itself as "The world's ultimate fighting system for military, police, special forces and civilians." I just may be a bit cynical though.

OP
T

Tbone_trex

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks to the replies I appreciate any feedback or comments positive or negative.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The One I looked at was www.black-arts-society.com

Have a slight problem with any system that bills itself as "The world's ultimate fighting system for military, police, special forces and civilians." I just may be a bit cynical though.
I agree; that site didn't impress me.

And lots of the creator's experience appears to come from "fugitive recovery"... or bounty hunting. Too many of those guys are yahoos for me to feel really good about it as a basis for "the ultimate defense system."

Just a reminder... The modern military, with a few exceptions for special operator types, doesn't focus on hand to hand combat very much. They gots guns, y'know... And bullets are much better for killing people than hands!

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
im not gonna bite into anything that tosses around the word anti terrorism when it comes to MA, sounds a little to much like they are telling people what they want to hear... not what they really offer.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its tough to take seriously anything that uses the words ultimate, military and anti-terrorist in its site. Looked like a MMA school to me.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks to the replies I appreciate any feedback or comments positive or negative.

I am confused.

They are either a Black belt or a Stylist in Street Fighting. I did not know one could get rank in street fighting. I also did not know it was considered a style.

Having been a bouncer and someone willing to hurt a person when they made a stupid mistake, I did not see art in it. I do see simplicity and some self defense though. I also see intimidation and using your voice and surrroundings to control a situation.

But anything that leads to someone saying Ultimate or Military or Secret, or *insert other special group here * let alone uses them all in one paragraph makes me seriously wonder.

Knowing some guys who are in the military and what they know and see, and get trained in is more for confidence and internal bragging rights. Thinking like a general here, I want my "Men" (* yes they can be Women as well - hence the quotes *) to be confident that they are going to win and are the best. Even if they are not. Why? They move in and follow orders and react and take action. They do not run away. This allows the others involved to get into position and to react from these positions to win.

So, I am confused by how much they try to present, and how they present it.

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
hey rich i have done some classes with them along time ago,i'm talking 10 at least and all i can say is i was there and you know me rich enough said right!?
later
Jason Arnold
CANADA
ps it was good seeing you again my friend,hope to see you sooner than later.

Logan

Green Belt
Reaction score
I took a 5 second glance at the website out of boredom....

I have no opinion on the quality of services.

The only comment I would make is that with a name of "Black Arts Society" and a few other silly terms embedded within the website, it would appear to be written by a fan of fiction/fantasy....

With the type of members this would likely attract (I'm being very general with this), I would be very surprised if the integrity of such an organisation would be on par with other groups, considered by the majority to be more credible.

It just implies a lack of common sense that immediately creates a bad taste in my mouth.....and suspicions over whether or not it is viable, effective etc.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hey rich i have done some classes with them along time ago,i'm talking 10 at least and all i can say is i was there and you know me rich enough said right!?
later
Jason Arnold
CANADA
ps it was good seeing you again my friend,hope to see you sooner than later.

Jay,

Thanks. I never said Street techniques were bad or could not be taught. I was just confused by the usage and verbage.

Latest Discussions